The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2014 6:11 am  #11

Re: Magic

The GIT! wrote:

Another point - I notice that the Requirement lists do not mention the option of Group Rituals (ie the cultists all gathered around the sacrifical victim, chanting unmentionable, abominable and evil incantations while the sorcerer proceeds with summoning the demon from the pits of hell). Surely it would be worthwhile adding that in and coming up with a simple formula (maybe based on numbers and relative abilities) to help reduce the costs of AC and Difficulty as well.

What about this?

5 cultists (the pentagram) for 12 hours = +1 point
9 cultists (the eneagram) for 12 hours = +2 points
13 cultists (the "cursed number) for 12 hours = +3 points
Triple the amount of cultists or double the time = +1 point

Marcelo "Fermmoylle" Paschoalin
Brazilian Novelist and RPG author

3/12/2014 6:28 am  #12

Fermmoylle wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

Another point - I notice that the Requirement lists do not mention the option of Group Rituals (ie the cultists all gathered around the sacrifical victim, chanting unmentionable, abominable and evil incantations while the sorcerer proceeds with summoning the demon from the pits of hell). Surely it would be worthwhile adding that in and coming up with a simple formula (maybe based on numbers and relative abilities) to help reduce the costs of AC and Difficulty as well.

What about this?

Oooh - I like this. I was trying to formulate some figures but these are great (and I like the justification for the numbers)! With regards to the final option (Triple the amount of cultists or double the time) how about offering another alternative?

Double the amount of cultists AND double the time = +1

Hence, we end up with...

Triple the amount of cultists, or double the time, or
Double the amount of cultists AND double the time = +1 point

39 cultists may be a bit over the top in some scenes but 26 may be more workable.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

3/12/2014 6:36 am  #13

The GIT! wrote:

Fermmoylle wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

What about this?

Oooh - I like this. I was trying to formulate some figures but these are great (and I like the justification for the numbers)! With regards to the final option (Triple the amount of cultists or double the time) how about offering another alternative?

Hence, we end up with...

39 cultists may be a bit over the top in some scenes but 26 may be more workable.

I know 26 may be more workable, but you usually see odd number of cultists performing most rituals. If we just double the number of cultists, we'll end with an even number in the end, and I was trying to avoid that.
More than that, remember that +3 is a LARGE bonus in BoL (the equivalent of a Boon). Giving more bonuses should require your entire covenant and a sacrifice of your firstborn daughter on that really hard to see Blood Moon. ;-)

Marcelo "Fermmoylle" Paschoalin
Brazilian Novelist and RPG author

3/12/2014 8:01 am  #14

Fermmoylle wrote:

I know 26 may be more workable, but you usually see odd number of cultists performing most rituals. If we just double the number of cultists, we'll end with an even number in the end, and I was trying to avoid that.
More than that, remember that +3 is a LARGE bonus in BoL (the equivalent of a Boon). Giving more bonuses should require your entire covenant and a sacrifice of your firstborn daughter on that really hard to see Blood Moon. ;-)

A point well made - I defer to your better judgement and I will be adding these options in to my next BoL game

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

4/12/2014 3:01 pm  #15

Fermmoylle wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

Fermmoylle wrote:

What about this?

Hence, we end up with...

I really, really like this.   What a great setpiece fight....

11/22/2014 8:18 pm  #16

Ahhhh, the beauty of this site...why SHOULD I sweat coming up with ideas on how to do this or that in my BoL game when I can just relax and LET OTHERS DO IT FOR ME! Thanx!

Last edited by Baragon (11/22/2014 8:22 pm)

Dammit, I wanna play BoL RIGHT @#$% NOW!

1/17/2015 10:57 am  #17

The GIT! wrote:

Would having 1d6 Assistants per magnitude of spell, be a suitable requirement. This would help reduce cost but not difficulty.

1/18/2015 8:03 am  #18

Venomous Filigree wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

Would having 1d6 Assistants per magnitude of spell, be a suitable requirement. This would help reduce cost but not difficulty.

That's definitely a very workable solution and hopefully something that can be added to the document without causing too many problems.

Board footera