The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/06/2020 4:38 pm  #1

Possible Settings

I’m looking to adapt one of two settings using the BoL rules, Thieves’ World or The Black Company. Which would you choose?

2/07/2020 5:23 am  #2

Re: Possible Settings

I have read all the Thieves World books, but I have not read The Black Company Series.   I thought about running a BoL campaign set in Sanctuary, even started to stat some of the main characters but didn't get too far into it.

So I guess my vote would be for Thieves World.

2/07/2020 5:33 am  #3

I just started rereading the Thieves’ World books and forgot how good they were. Especially, the fact that they are written by different authors that she’d different light on the characters.

I do recommend if you get the chance to read the Black Company, fantastic series.

Last edited by Cernunnos (2/07/2020 5:34 am)

2/11/2020 9:47 am  #4

I haven't read the Black Company yet but I do intend to soon.

I have been running some Thieves World sessions on-and-off using the d20 Crimson Blades rules that Simon wrote and we have had a blast. I was specifically using the original Chaosium boxed set with a slightly updated map I adapted from the later sourcebooks. I can't begin to explain how much fun and just how liberating it is to use purely random encounters in a game that I did no prep for.

I guess that is a very long-winded way of me saying use Thieves World - but don't overthink it.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

Board footera