The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/11/2015 9:18 pm  #1

Just discovered BoL

I'm Viktyr. I'm a long-time passionate gamer and (mostly) amateur game designer, and I just discovered Barbarians of Lemuria and fell in love with it. I've got a couple of homebrew settings cooking that I think BoL or variants could really do well. And, of course, the first thing I do with any new game is try to ruin it.

The first is Wandering Stars, a space western fantasy setting with gunslingers, sorcerers, and elves flying between the stars on steam-powered dirigibles.

The second is Rainbow Bridge, an urban fantasy/wuxia/planetary romance mashup where sufficiently advanced martial arts are indistinguishable from magic.

Only problems I'm seeing are that one, my settings assume a higher base level of magic than the BoL rules do and two, BoL doesn't seem to have the level of character advancement I really want. I'm going to start threads about those issues presently.

I'm glad to have found a dedicated community for these wonderful games, and I hope you'll bear with my attempts to destroy them forever.

6/12/2015 5:47 am  #2

Re: Just discovered BoL

FaerieGodfather wrote:

The second is Rainbow Bridge, an urban fantasy/wuxia/planetary romance mashup where sufficiently advanced martial arts are indistinguishable from magic.

Welcome and looking forward to your thoughts, especially on Rainbow Bridge! 

I remember discovering BoL, lovely feeling isn't it?

Board footera