The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/13/2015 1:51 pm  #1

What do I get by upgrading to Mythic?

I already have several versions of and expansions to the BoL core ... the original, Legendary, Legends of Steel, Swords of Almuric, and even Barbarians of the Aftermath. They are all great, but I'm not clear what I would be gaining from buying the Mythic edition, which is a bit pricey for just the aesthetics. I tend to use my own worlds and settings, so the Lemurian info, while interesting, would be more for inspiration. Are there any significant changes to the core rules, or expansions of (for instance) careers, boons & flaws, equipment, spells, or creatures & foes?

Cheers,

Christopher

3/16/2015 12:31 pm  #2

Re: What do I get by upgrading to Mythic?

The rules stay mostly the same, but there are a few differences. The mythic edition is a bit more streamlined as far as organizaton of the material, and there was a combat stats change. Weapons and armor went through a revision as well. 

I also own Bol Legends of Steel, Legendary Edition, and Barbarians of the aftermath. I would recommend the Mythic edition, and all the other material is still compatible with minimal conversion. But it's hard to say whether you personally would find the upgrade worth it.

Board footera