The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/21/2014 7:49 am  #21

Re: Frazetta's Death Dealer

Cernunnos wrote:

Prisoner of the Horned Helm and Lords of the Destruction are the best of the four.

Cool! Cant wait for the book. I am such a fan of Frazetta. My wife tolerates my Frazetta posters slowly taking over the house. I cant belive I missed out on books based on Faz's ideas.

5/21/2014 8:03 am  #22

Frazetta had such a distinctive style.
Has anyone seen Fire & Ice?
It was an animated film made in the 80's by Frank Frazetta and Ralph Bakshi.
Here's the trailer for the film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz-yLWGaIxM

5/24/2014 6:14 pm  #23

Fire & Ice is fantastic. Robert Rodriguez is looking to remake it. If you like Bakshi, find a copy of Wizards.

5/24/2014 6:15 pm  #24

I was bored...

5/24/2014 9:31 pm  #25

Cernunnos wrote:

I was bored...

Man, those must be the ZZ Top of bearded axes!

Where's my axe?

5/26/2014 7:11 am  #26

After finishing Tooth & Claw, I realize that the locations thought the books are inconsistent. When I made a map for my game I made a basic one based off the information presented in PotHH and LoD. If you wanted to make a more elaborate map, would need to use a lot of artistic license.

5/26/2014 7:29 am  #27

nerosfiddle wrote:

Frazetta had such a distinctive style.
Has anyone seen Fire & Ice?
It was an animated film made in the 80's by Frank Frazetta and Ralph Bakshi.
Here's the trailer for the film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz-yLWGaIxM

Ive seen it and own it. It is great in my opinion. great art and animation, and just the right amount of carnage..

5/30/2014 7:35 am  #28

Something from the Frazettaverse...

The Odokoro

The Odokoro are the result of the use of enchanted stimulants and elixirs are similar to the black wine, Nagraa, which is used by Tiyy, the Nymph Queen to sustain the Lords of Destruction. After prolonged use of the various stimulants and elixirs, the imbiber begins to develop characteristics of the creature whose very life essence was used in the creation of the concoctions, as if it turned evolution back on itself. The secret of the creation of these potions is possessed only by the high priests who serve the Black Veshta in her various incarnations.

In the end it is up to the game master to decide what the end result is for the Odokoro. Below is an example of an Odokoro crabman.

Attributes
Strength 3
Agility  -1
Mind  0

Combat Abilities
Attack with claws +2; 2d6 damage
Defense: 0
Protection: 3 (Carapace)
Lifeblood: 15

Crabmen are slow moving, however, they’re relentless and fear nothing. The end result of the creation process is a squat creature with multiple arms; the largest of two of these arms are equipped with serrated claws. The majority of their body covered in a heavy carapace.

6/12/2014 1:11 pm  #29

Hey Nerosfiddle! Yes I know Bloodlust pretty well (I'm french) and we played it extensively many years ago. Now they released a new edition named Bloodlust Metal with a totally new game mechanics and some adjustement (let's say evolution) from the original background. Nonetheless this is very funny what u said about Lemurianising it coz I happen to have thought exactly the same couple days ago while I was thinking about the setting I'll have my players playing in! And I think it is totally doable. The only matter (and not a small one tosay the least) is that in BloodLust the wielders (read : the character wielding the God Weapon) are, well...expandable (very much so!) and as such they die like flies...this isn't the feeling one can find in BoL but still I think it could be to me a much more appropriate system for this S&S universe than the current one (which doesn't get the feeling proper to S&S style really).

I'll give it some thoughts as well sometimes (for now I'm mostly developping my own settings for BoL) but in any case I'll keep u updated!
Cheers!

PS : loved the couple videos u uploaded on youtube on BoL. Great mastering! I had a blast!

Last edited by Egregorein (6/13/2014 1:55 am)

7/01/2014 10:32 am  #30

Hi guys,
for anyone who might be interested, below is a link to the 90's Danzig Death Dealer comics PDF.

Please note, this is NOT safe for work.
Graphic violence and mild nudity is contained within.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106432046/Death%20Dealer%201-4.pdf

Enjoy!
Alex

Board footera