The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/22/2014 6:02 am  #51

Re: BoL Mythic Edition Kickstarter?

Nox wrote:

Simon, would something like this help?

http://www.lulu.com/publish/books/

I'm not sure I understand...

5/22/2014 6:57 am  #52

Sorry that I'm stepping in, but I think you can estimate the value of the Mythic Edition, to calculate cost (as a function of the number of books potentially bought). Nox correct me if I fail.

Last edited by Mruf (5/22/2014 7:03 am)

Bow to Satan!!!

5/22/2014 10:33 am  #53

Yeah, I saw a self publishing thing and figured it may help in someway.

Coins, cleavage, and carnage...the three C's of Swords & Sorcery.

5/22/2014 12:01 pm  #54

Nox wrote:

Simon, would something like this help?

http://www.lulu.com/publish/books/

Simon's all ready used Lulu for earlier versions of BoL. From what he keeps saying, he doesn't want to do it by himself this time around, but wants someone more reliable than C7

5/23/2014 8:16 am  #55

I didnt think that this was the print on demand he used in the past. Take a look at it and let me know. Just keeping an eye out trying to help. I have read this entire thread and am well aware of what he said. He also said that he may have to do it alone. Just providing options. I don't know any publishers, sorry, do wish I could help more.

Coins, cleavage, and carnage...the three C's of Swords & Sorcery.

5/23/2014 8:26 am  #56

I know he's used Lulu before, because that's where I've gotten my copies of both BoL and Triumphant in the past. If he can't find anyone to publish it, maybe he'll use them again. Guess we'll see

5/23/2014 9:36 am  #57

Perhaps Simon could enlighten us with regard to publishing? Are there any prospective news? You've got your army - so lead us. Good news are welcome, bad aren't. Impatience it is a virtue ;)

Last edited by Mruf (5/23/2014 9:37 am)

Bow to Satan!!!

5/23/2014 10:02 am  #58

The position is this:
I want BoL: Mythic to be the last version of BoL and the best ever version of BoL, otherwise there is no point doing it.
I had an artist lined up as well as a publisher. I'm sure the artist is still keen, but I can't raise the funds myself. I'm not interested in runnning crowdfunding of any sort myself. I've had offers but these have come to nothing.
I do not have the expertise to lay it out/edit it and publish it myself, hence I was looking for a partner. Again, I've lined publishing partners up but these have come to nothing.
At the moment BoL: Mythic is more-or-less written. It has no art. It has no publisher. I've stopped looking for a publisher for the time being.
If I get the urge, I will see if I can come to a deal with the artist to pay him perhaps with a percentage of sales or some similar arrangement. Even then, I'll need someone to edit it and lay it out, etc. So, maybe with a similar arrangement. Assuming all this, then maybe it can come out some time later this year/early next year, perhaps via LULU again. I would have preferred to get it into distribution though.
Sorry the news isn't that great but there it is. If anything changes, you'll be the first to know here. 

Last edited by Simon W (5/23/2014 10:02 am)

5/23/2014 10:08 am  #59

Sorry your having trouble getting a publisher. You have created a great game that deserves a big publisher. Don't give up.
I dont know how I can help, but if I can please don't hesitate to contact me.

5/23/2014 10:11 am  #60

he best ever version of BoL, otherwise there is no point doing it.

Agree, no doubt. I support such an approach.

I'm sure the artist is still keen, but I can't raise the funds myself.

Could you tell us how much do you need to release it? I don't mean to step in your personal profit, an author deserves it undoubtedly, you know what I mean? I'd like to know a range, approximate value or sth...

on't hesitate to contact me.

US (not United States), contact us.

So what could we do? Let us count ourselves. I declare 70 greens on any kind of gathering made by Simon.

Last edited by Mruf (5/23/2014 11:46 am)

Bow to Satan!!!

Board footera