The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/18/2014 2:29 am  #41

Re: Crimson Blades Sword & Sorcery RPG

I don't know quite what to do with Torquendor/Quendor - any ideas/suggestions?

5/18/2014 3:00 am  #42

Perhaps a Celt like society.

Coins, cleavage, and carnage...the three C's of Swords & Sorcery.

5/18/2014 6:53 am  #43

Little late to the thread here, but I think I'm seeing some Clark Ashton Smith and Jack Vance (Lyonesse) influence in addition to Moorcock, which makes for a potent combination.

What about 'Crimson Isles'? The land masses seem small enough, you could get away with calling them islands.

As for Torquendor/Quendor, you could have a very primitive stone age society that's been conquered or exploited in the past, but is now protected by some powerful magic--maybe they worship an elder thing, or serve as thralls to a race of ghouls, etc.

5/18/2014 8:25 am  #44

Here's the blurb for Torquendor:
TORQUENDOR
Torquendyans have a stately, noble and honourable society. They see the fall of the Dendrelyssi as a terrible thing for the Crimson Empire and would see their old masters returned to their former glory. Unknown to the other nations, a number of Dendrelyssi noble families still live in Torquendor – some as courtly advisors and others as leaders in the Torquendyan army and navy."

5/22/2014 10:29 pm  #45

Time for an update:

Crimson Blades

5/27/2014 1:20 pm  #46

I think I'll drop the Mass Combat and Sea Battles from the core rules because I'm getting too hung up on them. I'll save them for a later supplement together with stronghold rules for PCs getting to 10th level - called Crimson Lords.

5/27/2014 4:55 pm  #47

Simon W wrote:

I think I'll drop the Mass Combat and Sea Battles from the core rules because I'm getting too hung up on them. I'll save them for a later supplement together with stronghold rules for PCs getting to 10th level - called Crimson Lords.

Excellent idea.
Crimson Lords is a great title by the way.

5/28/2014 9:50 pm  #48

nerosfiddle wrote:

Simon W wrote:

Excellent idea.
Crimson Lords is a great title by the way.

I agree.  Crimson Lords is a great title.

Where's my axe?

5/29/2014 10:15 am  #49

Important item to include in equipment list, Thieves Tools for 25 gp.

Leaving out the high level stuff for a later expansion is a good idea as is the Crimson Lords title.

Coins, cleavage, and carnage...the three C's of Swords & Sorcery.

5/30/2014 7:26 am  #50

How about this NPC Class?

ROYAL REDEEMER
Redeemers are agents of the King of Krand. They have wide-ranging powers to enable them to seek out and bring to justice any Dendrelyssi they discover. These powers have lately extended to destroying Dendrelyssi, sorcerers, witches, demons and anyone that speaks out against the rulers of Krand. Redeemers are particularly single-minded in their search for signs of chaos wherever it lurks. 

Prime Attribute: WIS. If WIS is 13+, you gain +5% to XP earned
Primary Save: Will
Hit Dice: 1d6 (+1) at 1st level. Then per the Redeemer Advancement table.
Armour/Shield Permitted: Any
Weapons Permitted: Medium or light weapons only

Redeemer Class Abilities
Diplomatic Protection: At 1st level, a Royal Redeemer receives a signet (a ring or a brooch) from the King of Krand denoting the agent's favored connection to Crown and Nation. This connection provides status and a certain level of protection from the law. In Krand, this protection is absolute (though violating the laws of the land can sometimes lead to trouble for the agent). In the neighboring lands, treaties and long-established agreements protect Royal Redeemers, but agents who push their luck—meddling in the affairs of government in lands other than Krand, killing wantonly, or otherwise flouting the local law at every turn—are likely to suffer "accidents" that are completely disavowed by authorities in those lands. In other realms, a Royal Redeemer’s royal protection is meaningless.

At 1st level, the redeemer chooses which of the following six skills will be his primary (best), which will be secondary and which will be tertiary (least good). He chooses two skills for each category. Most of these skills assume the redeemer is carrying out the task at some speed or under a degree of pressure. If the redeemer has time, the GM could give a small bonus, say +1 to the roll. Some skills benefit from good equipment. Some of these things can be performed by any character on a roll of 6+ at the GMs discretion.

Assess Person: With a minute of study and a die roll, the redeemer can figure out something about someone he can see. The redeemer can tell the level and class (if he has a class), the person’s alignment, whether the person is in disguise or hiding something and some other useful information at the GMs discretion.

Detect Illusions:  Redeemers are trained to notice the tricks and stratagems of other sorcerers, enchantresses and demons and to detect magical illusions.  Against any illusory spell, the redeemer gets a roll to see if he sees through the illusion (in addition to any save he would normally get).

Disciplined Mind: A redeemer is particularly resistant to enchantment (charm) spells and those effects that make him do things he’d rather not do, like fear, possession and enchantment. He gets this second roll per the above table if his normal Will save is unsuccessful.

Force Shapechange: A Royal Redeemer can force a creature into its natural form. The Redeemer must make a successful melee attack against the creature. If the attack is successful, the redeemer makes a roll to force the target into its natural shape. This ability undoes the effect of alter self, polymorph, shapechange, and alternate form abilities, whether exceptional, spell-like, or supernatural in nature. The affected creature cannot change its shape again for 1D6 rounds.

Gather Information: Redeemers obtain information by greasing palms, subtlety, force or fear. With a successful die roll, they can  get a general idea of a city’s major news items or more specific information as required. The higher the result, the better the information they can obtain.

Learn the Truth: By touching a person or creature that has lied to him, a Royal Redeemer of can force the creature to tell the truth.

Establish Chapter (10th): At 10th level, a redeemer can set up a chapterhouse of redeemers as an outpost against the chaos of sorcery. The redeemer will be joined by a number of low-level redeemers and fighting-men, ready to die for the cause if necessary. 

Last edited by Simon W (5/30/2014 7:27 am)

Board footera