The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/12/2014 6:02 pm  #11

Re: Firefly

They really play very differently.  Cortex combines the dice creating a bell curve, the more dice you add the closer to the average you are going to roll.  With Savage Worlds the die is lenear and it is the bonuses that you can add that makes the difference.

5/12/2014 7:04 pm  #12

Er, for the record, I wasn't trying to hijack the thread and create a discussion about SW and Cortex (I am a fan of SW BTW)  I was just trying to use the method of spaceship construction in Cortex as an example of how to possibly do something similar in the BoL Firefly hack. For the benefit of caul, who has done a stellar job with BoL Firefly, perhaps we should turn our attention back to his hack?

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

5/13/2014 4:11 pm  #13

There was a Savage Worlds suplement to the Daring Tales of the Space Lanes that added starships and space fighters.  That could be a reference as well.

Mitch

5/14/2014 6:29 am  #14

mitchw wrote:

There was a Savage Worlds suplement to the Daring Tales of the Space Lanes that added starships and space fighters.  That could be a reference as well.

Mitch

That's a good idea. SW also recently published the Science Fiction Companion. I don't have it yet because they tend to charge too much for getting the hard copy and pdf. I might pick up a copy at Origins.

The only reason I specifically mentioned Cortex and Honor + Intrigue is because I like the way they design spaceships (and ships) to be characters in their own right. I just think that would work really well with the BoL based Firefly hack.

Last edited by The GIT! (5/20/2014 9:54 am)

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

Board footera