The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2014 4:37 pm  #1

[HoH] reactions to Kleos question

Kleos looks to be a really cool aspect of Heroes of Hellas, I'm curious to hear how any of you HoH referees have handled Kleos reactions.  The rulebook give an example of a hero gaining Kleos from slaying a Pythos, and receiving positive or negative reactions from serpent-hating or serpent-venerating cultures.  This makes perfect sense, but how do you track accumulated Kleos?  If our hero gets 1 Kleos from slaying Pythos, but has 2 additional Kleos from other heroic deeds for a total Kleos of 3, and then encounters some Pythos-lovers, would the adverse reaction be -1 (for slaying Pythos) or -3?  

Would it be helpful to have a section of the character sheet for "Heroic Deeds" to help keep track of individual Kleos-giving actions?  

4/18/2014 12:42 pm  #2

Re: [HoH] reactions to Kleos question

I havent tried that yet, but Heroic Actions would be nice.  Just a list, without modifiers, so that the GM and Players can use them on the fly, like careers.   Otherwise, it quickly becomes a DD4E-like stacking problem..

5/01/2014 10:02 am  #3

Re: [HoH] reactions to Kleos question

I didn't notice this thread till now.
My intent for Kleos was not to be a strict dice modifier. The reactions of other mortals or gods, whether positive or negative isn't really the point of Kleos. I guess you could akin it to fame. The more deeds the more chance people will know who the hero is. Also more of a chance a god will interfere. A higher Kleos will gain more enemies as well as followers. It also can get special favors from Kings.

It is more of an abstract device for the players and GM to develope a story.
does that help?

Board footera