The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2014 10:53 pm  #1

Beasts&Barbarians

Did you hear about italian S&S setting: Beasts&Barbarians? It's released by GRAmel, polish subject of my bud, and written by Umberto Pignatelli, Italian creator. It's available on DriveThru with several supplements (Jalizar City of Thieves, Tattered Banners, Beasts of the Dominions, pack of single adventures).
You can find there gutsy S&S climate, interesting Cairnlanders culture (they live and breed with their ancestors ), incredibly savage Valks (similar to Tamerlan's horde), Caleds (Scottish Picts), gloomy and dark Tricarnian empire (necromancers priest-princes). Dominions are shaped by old (2500 years ago) disaster - fall of the so called "Dread Star". It has destroyed ancient, bad Keronian Empire. On it's ruins arose new world. World of constant fight and anxiety. The mightiest once empire - Faberterra is collapsing, dividing in parts because of its weakness (late Rome...). Dogs are biting on the remnants of (similar to Mediterranean) great culture.
Why did he write it? It's his response to incredibly expensive rights to release Conan. Howard's successors wanted to much. So arose quite nice setting. Look at it!

Bow to Satan!!!

4/08/2014 5:34 am  #2

Re: Beasts&Barbarians

Next faults: lack of "themselves" and "too much" instaed of to much...

Bow to Satan!!!

4/12/2014 6:42 pm  #3

I DL this a while back. It's nice and the adventures are pretty good.  they should be easy to adapt to BoL.

4/09/2015 9:48 am  #4

GMgerrymander wrote:

I DL this a while back. It's nice and the adventures are pretty good.  they should be easy to adapt to BoL.

I just heard about this this morning! I didn't find the rules though - are they available somewhere (in English)?
thanks!

4/10/2015 6:27 am  #5

michaeltaylor wrote:

GMgerrymander wrote:

I just heard about this this morning! I didn't find the rules though - are they available somewhere (in English)?
thanks!

Try here...http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/96199/Beasts--Barbarians-Golden-Edition...I believe this is what you are looking for.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

4/10/2015 9:41 am  #6

Got english edition and I'm going to sell it. BB has been translated into polish so my english book isn't necessary.

Bow to Satan!!!

Board footera