The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/27/2014 12:51 am  #1

Swords of Almuric

Just ordered the print/pdf combo on RPGNow. Anyone else have this? It looks decent, though I find the filler pages with nothing but an image between chapters kind of a waste of space/useless filler. But from skimming it, the content looks fairly detailed for a short book

2/27/2014 2:43 pm  #2

Re: Swords of Almuric

I've been curious about Swords of Almuric and asked about it last week or so. 

Other than the filler, what do you think of it?

Art By Blob                                                  Legend4ry Gaming

3/03/2014 10:36 am  #3

I honestly haven't had time to read it since my inital skim through. The book shipped (or so OBS tells me), so I'll likely read it once I have the actual book. From the size of it, it won't take long to read

4/08/2014 1:24 am  #4

Ave!

I've ordered it recently and now waiting for postman PDF saw and... looks good. Leitmotiv is juicy - heroes are transferred from early 20's (20th century) to parallel realm of savage barbarians - humans, winged ones and other, non-human. Atmosphere is gloomy, like in all Howard's books. Engine - BoL, so mechanic is well-known. Nothing new. There is one difference between standard BoL and Almuric - guns. One of Almuric's races made rifles. I don't now are they effective or not.

Bow to Satan!!!

4/12/2014 6:15 pm  #5

I kckstartered this and own both the PDF and print versions.    

Overall, poor to fair.  The content is OK, and the artwork is much better than the original version, but the writing is sub-par and it still leaves a lot to the reader.

There's not much in here that someone with the BoL core rules and a cpy of Amuric couldn't put together themselves.  Not bad, but overpriced.

Board footera