The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2014 3:22 am  #11

Re: Heroes vs Rabble?

So in mythic there is a plus one to hit (when enemies are overdosed ;) ) and damages 2d6 instead of d3? Two bonuses at the time - to huit and  other modus of counting damages?

You suggest + 1 to both hit and damage? This way sounds better 4 me.

Did I catch it good?

Bow to Satan!!!

4/08/2014 2:02 pm  #12

There's a +1 per rabble (only they can group up) that's attacking the hero. Only so many can target a hero based upon the scene, perhaps two in a hallway for +2 and five in the open courtyard for +5 to hit. In mythic all rabble do 1d3 damage no matter what they are armed with (1 point if unarmed). When grouped up, the mob rolls 2 dice and uses the lesser roll as damage (like a penalty die).

Mythic does damage differently then previous editions. In older additions a bonus attack die and +1 damage (for rabble groups) worked well enough for me.

Coins, cleavage, and carnage...the three C's of Swords & Sorcery.

4/12/2014 2:58 pm  #13

I thinkit also depends on the number of combats you expect in the game.  The more hero points they spend defeating hordes of rabble, the less they will have to be awesome against the BBEG.

9/04/2014 12:21 pm  #14

Can rabble roll mighty successes or is that only for the heroes?

4/15/2015 8:07 am  #15

jasales wrote:

Can rabble roll mighty successes or is that only for the heroes?

I don't think they would. As it's been said before, to me the rabbles are more a way to tire a bit the characters before more challenging fights (against monsters, villains and such). I think you can give them a bit of a challenge using the horde rule, pressing them on the edge of a cliff, blocking some accesses, etc. But sure if you want to give an even tougher challenge to your PCs, you should grant the rabbles the Mighty Success capacity and spill some Heroes' blood!

Last edited by Egregorein (4/15/2015 8:08 am)

4/15/2015 8:19 am  #16

I'd definitely allow rabble to roll mighty successes under certain circumstances; it can certainly keep the heroes on their toes and stop them from becoming too complacent.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

4/16/2015 4:19 am  #17

Yeah the more I think about it, rolling 2 sixes is a mighty success. Shouldn't matter who rolled it.  Plus I could see a rabble rolling a might success and stabbing a hero with a spear. The look of shock on the part of the rabble character as he actually got a solid strike in would show what a rare trick it is.

4/16/2015 8:04 am  #18

jasales wrote:

Yeah the more I think about it, rolling 2 sixes is a mighty success. Shouldn't matter who rolled it.  Plus I could see a rabble rolling a might success and stabbing a hero with a spear. The look of shock on the part of the rabble character as he actually got a solid strike in would show what a rare trick it is.

Now you're talking - just 'cause they're rabble don't mean they can't hurt ya 

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

Board footera