The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2014 6:45 am  #11

Re: Mounted and other positional advantages

BoL rulez are enow good, doesn't need to be improved. Although this plus 1 (mounted combat) is rational.

Hero's get a lot of actions per round and it can get a bit silly

Aye, aye

Bow to Satan!!!

4/08/2014 7:13 am  #12

Taking a page from OD&D, I've ruled that spears/lances do 2d6 (keep higher) when charging, 2d6 (keep both) when set against a charge.

4/08/2014 7:38 am  #13

It'll be a rare situation - I think about mounted combat. There are no horses, kroarks aren't as available as horses are in medieval settings. Although everyone makes homerules. Whence difference between "charge" and "against charge"? Impact has the same value. F = m x a

Bow to Satan!!!

4/08/2014 2:14 pm  #14

Here go some H&I modifiers

Advantages position +1 melee or +1 defense
Charge +1 to hit & -1 defense until next turn
     Spear, lance, polearm  in or against charge +1d3 damage
Unarmed -1 defense vs armed opponent who gets +1 defense
No sea legs -1 defense and all actions at sea if hero does not have pirate/sailor career
Blind have penalty die to all physical/attack rolls and range has an additional -4 (ranged beyond close are impossible)

My groups used to them so we apply them to other BOL games out of habit.

Coins, cleavage, and carnage...the three C's of Swords & Sorcery.

4/08/2014 10:06 pm  #15

All those rules are rational and balanced. Now it's clear. I wanted to ask about dark fighting

Are there any rules concerning chases? Maybe opposing roll Ag + 2d6 between chasing sides and short description of distances: 1 - short (one opposing winning in roll to grasp fugitive) 2 - medium - 3 rolls 3 - far 5 rolls 4 - nearly impossible (from 5 wins 2 must be mighty success or one legendary one).

Bow to Satan!!!

4/09/2014 7:12 am  #16

I use the following for chases; sides roll 1d6+mind, the winner gets to set the scene within reason as they are quick witted enough to exploit their environment. If able to use the environment for something cool I provide a bonus die. Heros then roll 2d6 plus Agility (Strength may be more relevant, your call) against a difficulty mod equal to the pursuers Agility. An example would be a hero on foot fleeing mounted guards through the city, the hero wins the initiative and declares a tight alley to small for horses that he can slip away through. Career ranks may come into play such as when a tumbler gets creative. I then have just the one roll. Multiple rolls, in my opinion, only increase a heros chance at failure.

4/09/2014 7:14 am  #17

Oops, forgot to mention if the heros fail the initiative and your evil mind uses the environment against them, they make the check with a penalty die.

4/10/2014 7:15 am  #18

Yesterday I saw that spear has both kroarked (mounted) dmg and dmg against charge at value d3.

Bow to Satan!!!

4/10/2014 8:05 am  #19

Additional damage, d6+d3 (charge or kroarked).

Bow to Satan!!!

4/12/2014 4:44 pm  #20

I haven't finished reading H+I, but those rules sound like nice additions to the BoX Engine

Board footera