The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2014 2:41 pm  #1

What Setting Would You Like to See?

So, if you were the Emperor of Lemuria, what setting would you like to see for the BoL rules?

Where's my axe?

3/18/2014 6:20 am  #2

Re: What Setting Would You Like to See?

Here's half a dozen to start:

Barbarians of Hyperborea, using the Clark Ashton Smith setting.

Barbarians of Zothique, using the Clark Ashton Smith setting.

Barbarians of Carpathia, if that ever sees the light of day.

Barbarians of the Dark Ages, using the historical period of about 500 AD to about 1000 AD, but flavored for sword-and-sorcery along the lines of Howard's Cormac Mac Art and Turlogh O'Brien stories.

Barbarians of the Dreamlands, gonzo adventures in the Lovecraft setting.

Barbarians of the New World, fightng witches, pirates, Shonokins, and Indians in Colonial America.

3/18/2014 6:27 am  #3

Barbarians of the Space, for a Cheesy SciFi soap opera setting. Like star wars or Dune.

3/18/2014 7:09 am  #4

This world is certainly fit for a BoL game as well

http://eotbeholder.deviantart.com/art/The-Only-Fantasy-World-Map-245738593

4/04/2014 8:01 am  #5

Barbarians of Hyboria! I'd like to see this setting. I'm born and bred in Hyboria. Now try to explore Lemuria.

Bow to Satan!!!

4/07/2014 9:10 am  #6

"Official" Hyboria, Barsoom, or Dune settings would be the ultimate licensing coups! 

To be honest, I'd rather see more of what we've been seeing -- "toolkit" games for genres that can be easily detached from their default settings.  The BoL family covers such a wide spectrum, it's hard to pin down genre gaps that couldn't be filled with some minor tweaks to an existing product.  Space opera and planetary romance don't have anything "official," but Barbarians of the Void looks like it will fill that, um, void nicely.  Carpathia (once it arrives) will add Victorian gothic and Hammer-style horror, and Jeff M.'s Sulan will cover Wuxia and Eastern martial arts fantasy.  

What other genres are lacking that we need?

4/12/2014 6:17 pm  #7

I've been tossing around some rules for a more High Fantasy (think B/X D&D) version of BoL.  

But for areas, I'd love to see the CAS stuff too.

And I'm still looking for a rules set that will handle White Wolf's Exalted setting.  Love the setting, hate the WW rules....

4/12/2014 6:21 pm  #8

GMgerrymander wrote:

But for areas, I'd love to see the CAS stuff too....

I've only recently started reading his work.  I'd like to see this too.

Where's my axe?

Board footera