The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/22/2024 2:42 pm  #21

Re: If you aren't playing BoL....

gnombient wrote:

One reason I'm not running BoL Wilderlands is that I've found it very difficult to scale BoL for larger groups (I have 5 players), specifically presenting appropriately challenging combat encounters -- this is not to say that it can't be done,

I was just going through some older posts and read (maybe re-read this..)  I agree, I have found that BoL really works well for 1-3 PCs, when you have 4, 5, or more, it gets a bit harder; at least that is what I have found.  Like you said, it can be done, but it's just harder.

I actually think it is the best when you have 2 PCs... ala Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser 

3/23/2024 8:28 pm  #22

Re: If you aren't playing BoL....

One the reasons I like B0L so much is I actually find it easier to manage larger groups of PCs. I ran BoL on Roll20 for a few months during COVID and had at least six player for each session. I found BoL to be a great system for handling the larger group and still keep the game moving at a fast pace. I guess everyones experience is different, which is why so many game systems exist.

Last edited by The GIT! (3/23/2024 8:29 pm)

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

Board footera