The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/28/2024 6:04 pm  #1

Salutations!

Hey, I'm Paul. I've been gaming since the early Eighties and gaming with other board newcomer, St. Michael, since the early Nineties.(Hey, Michael!) I've both run and played various RPGs during that long, long, long time.

Michael pointed me towards this board, as we're gearing up for a BoL game he's going to run.

I love Sword & Sorcery: Robert E. Howard, C.L. Moore, Fritz Lieber (Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser are particular favorite characters of mine), Poul Anderson, Lynn Abbey's Thieves World and Rifkind books, Jennifer Roberson's Tiger and Del series, and more that I'm forgetting off the top of my head. I'm pretty persnickety about the difference between Sword & Sorcery and High Fantasy (and even Low Fantasy).  Hopefully not so much that it's offputting!

Paul

Last edited by CaptAdventure (1/28/2024 6:08 pm)

1/28/2024 11:48 pm  #2

Re: Salutations!

Not offputting at all - all are welcome here. Welcome aboard Captain. Leave your broadsword in the rack by the door and remember - no magic allowed inside the house.

My real name is Steve Hall

1/30/2024 8:06 am  #3

Welcome aboard. It's good to have new members joining the forum. While this is predominantly a Barbarians of Lemuria forum, you may be interested to know that I am presently running a Thieves' World game using Simon's Crimson Blades OSR rules and Chaosiums's original Thieves' World box set from the '80s. Lots of fun 

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

2/11/2024 2:53 am  #4

Hi, Paul!

2/12/2024 5:30 pm  #5

Welcome aboard! Our ranks are swelling!

I am the one who writes ​https://ancientvaults.wordpress.com/ for the OSR, yet BoL and Everywhen are pretty cool too.

Board footera