The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/18/2023 10:08 am  #11

Re: Sword & Sorcery Codex is Published!!!

NB - I've amended my reply below - I think I got it wrong when I first posted this.

It depends on the number of ranks assigned to the careers.

As It’s +1 for the first rank only for semi-martial careers (assassin, hunter, noble rogue, sailor and torturer), so for your first example of “a character with two semi-martial careers” they get +2 to their combat stats in total (+1 for each).

For martial careers (barbarian, gladiator, nomad and soldier) your second example of “2 martial careers at level 1 (and none of them at level 2)” would get the character +2 to their combat stats.

Admittedly Garnett’s writing is (untypically) unclear at this point, but the above is my interpretation of the way it works.

Last edited by Gruntfuttock (10/19/2023 6:25 am)

My real name is Steve Hall

11/18/2023 5:58 am  #12

Just picked up the S&S Codex last week.  Really dig it so far, I'm kicking myself for not getting it sooner.  My only complaint is the lack of a hardcover edition.  Regardless, I foresee a revival of my "Oneiric Wilderlands" game in the near future!

11/22/2023 1:01 pm  #13

gnombient wrote:

Just picked up the S&S Codex last week...My only complaint is the lack of a hardcover edition...

I believe there are plans afoot to create a hardcover version if the codex continues with its present popularity. Fingers crossed.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

Board footera