The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/30/2021 7:47 am  #1

Boon to increase appeal

Is there such a boon in the latest version (2.7) of BoL:ME, i.e. the hardcopy (I only own version 2.6 in PDF. Alternately, is there one in EveryWhen?

Something like this should be found on p. 51:

"Lilandra's Gift: You are persuasive, charismatic and seductive. You may add 1 to your appeal. Your maximum appeal is 6 rather than 5, and your maximum starting appeal is 4 rather than 3."

Because the Attractive boon can not increase the Witch-Queen's appeal of 3 in spite of what is written on p. 161.

"Attractive: You are particularly handsome or pretty. Roll a bonus die in situations where good looks might be important." (BoL:ME p. 50)

Last edited by Lankohring (3/26/2024 6:56 am)

10/09/2021 3:57 am  #2

Re: Boon to increase appeal

Only just seen this.

My version of Bol has both boons. Remember that people can be 'persuasive, charismatic and seductive' without necessarily being attractive in the looks department. They both model different things, and if you have both - "What a babe/guy!"

My real name is Steve Hall

4/12/2022 7:37 am  #3

Re: Boon to increase appeal

Gruntfuttock wrote:

Only just seen this.

My version of Bol has both boons.

Where? Which version? How are those boons called?!?

Everywhen: PbBoL (yes, I do own it now!) p. 18 has:

"Striking Appeal - You may add +1 to your appeal attribute. Your maximun appeal is 6 rather than 5, and your maximum starting appeal is 4 rather than 3."

There is no such boon in BoL:ME but there should be. Lilandra's Appeal, anyone?

Gruntfuttock wrote:

Remember that people can be 'persuasive, charismatic and seductive' without necessarily being attractive in the looks department. They both model different things, and if you have both - "What a babe/guy!"

That's irrelevant. We all know what the definition of Appeal in BoL is & yes it is not only a question of looks.

The problem is the Witch-Queen on p. 161:

"Boons

Attractive: included in stats"

Except that this boon doesn't increase any stat... like, say, her high Appeal of 3.

It should be changed to:

"[Savant]: included in stats"

That would explain her Mind of 4.

Last edited by Lankohring (4/13/2022 9:27 am)

Board footera