The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/01/2021 11:32 pm  #1

Pulse Pounding Pulp

Has anyone got a chance to read/use the new supplement Pulse Pounding Pulp yet?  I'm a big fan of Dicey Tales so this looks really attractive.

Where's my axe?

6/02/2021 6:41 am  #2

Re: Pulse Pounding Pulp

Read it and used it (for NPCs chargen only, as the PC was an old Dicey Tales character - which didn't need updating). The chargen provides PCs & Rivals that are solidly in the pulp genre.

It reads as well as all Garnett's stuff does, nice and clear, with examples - and it is a better work than Dicey Tales (as much as I love that). The Bestiary is perhaps not as wide as that in Dicey Tales, but covers the usual suspects. The genre rules and the weirdness chapter are spot on!

I've only played one of the scenarios - Hooray for Hellwood - which is very good indeed. It does feature some PG13 themes (an orgy features) but there is nothing gratuitous and I think could be run for anyone except pre-teens. The six scenarios range across the different varieties of pulp, and one is rather tongue in cheek, so any group would find something to delight them here.  

All in all, if you want to run EW pulp adventures in the 1930s (or 20s, 40s or even 50s - with a little tweaking) it's an essential purchase. As ever, YMMV.

My real name is Steve Hall

6/02/2021 9:53 am  #3

It sounds great like I figured it would.  Thanks for the quick response.

Where's my axe?

7/09/2021 1:00 pm  #4

I ordered it and the hardcopy has shipped!

Where's my axe?

Board footera