The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/26/2020 10:25 am  #21

Re: Returning to Heroes of Hellas

Well, you did come up with the perfect framing device for this, with your "Would you like salt with that?" post - each session a new island and new problems! 

My real name is Steve Hall

6/01/2021 11:25 pm  #22

Gruntfuttock wrote:

Well, you did come up with the perfect framing device for this, with your "Would you like salt with that?" post - each session a new island and new problems! 

I just re-read this.  So good!

And I'm glad I could be of help.

Oh, and did you use Fate and Kleos in your game?  I missed it if you did.  If you used it how did it work for you?

Where's my axe?

6/02/2021 6:54 am  #23

Actually I didn't use Fate and Kleos at all. Mainly because the PCs were barbarians (as the Greeks would see it) and so somehow, to me at least, neither seemed appropiate. They were outsiders making a living in a Greek world, but they weren't Greeks. Even though the Amazon worshipped what we would see as Greek gods, I assumed her relationship to the gods and religious practices would be different. If the PCs had been Greek I would have used Fate and Kleos.

I'd love to get back to this, but it would require some work. My best friend played the Thracian bard, and he had the bad grace to die some 18 months ago. Alison played the Amazon and we have talked about restarting this campaign. We left it in a good place, with the heroes and friends sailing off to Troy for a holiday ( this is before the Trojan War). I have considered starting again with the Thracian being discovered murdered and his magic lyre stolen. The Amazon has to discover the murderer and avenge her friend.

My dear pal was a great lover of murder mysteries and detective stories, so I think he'd approve of this greatly! He'd just be sad he couldn't play and solve his own murder. 

Last edited by Gruntfuttock (6/02/2021 6:56 am)

My real name is Steve Hall

6/02/2021 9:16 pm  #24

I’d love to see some Hellas oriented hijinks. I never did get around to playing it, but would love to run (or play in)  one some day.

edit. I misread about your friend. Condolences. 

Last edited by roryb (6/02/2021 11:01 pm)

6/02/2021 9:44 pm  #25

I'm sorry about your friend.  The direction you've thought for the game sounds like a cool way to honor him in a way.

That makes sense about Fate and Kleos.  In general, I'm undecided about Fate but rather like the idea of Kleos.

Where's my axe?

Board footera