The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/15/2020 5:12 pm  #1

Fading Suns

Finally got around to posting the recent, mostly-complete draft of my BoL Fading Suns hack.  FS is one of my favorite published settings, but the rules always left me lukewarm.  This hack is based on my Carpathia rules (which I'll also be posting soon), with a lot of stuff adapted from the 2nd edition Fading Suns books.  Enjoy!

11/16/2020 4:41 am  #2

Re: Fading Suns

Aah! The Carpathia hack!! Looking forward to that. 

My real name is Steve Hall

11/16/2020 8:34 am  #3

Yes, it's still around. For various reasons, I've pretty much given up on publishing it as a "proper" game, so I figure I may as well make available what I've done!

Last edited by gnombient (11/16/2020 8:35 am)

11/16/2020 1:41 pm  #4

Ooh - I thought the Carpathia hack had gone the way of the Dodo, but now colour me excited 
How about maybe putting it up on DriveThru for a small fee? That way you might be able to get something for your hard work to date. Either way I'm interested.

BTW - thanks for sharing the Fading Suns hack. It looks really nice and I will read it in more detail tonight. I did notice during my speed-through of the document that section "2.8 Healing" has nothing in it. Do the healing rules follow basic BoL Mythic rules or will there be slight changes for the FS setting?

Last edited by The GIT! (11/16/2020 1:41 pm)

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

11/17/2020 10:10 am  #5

The GIT! wrote:

BTW - thanks for sharing the Fading Suns hack. It looks really nice and I will read it in more detail tonight. I did notice during my speed-through of the document that section "2.8 Healing" has nothing in it. Do the healing rules follow basic BoL Mythic rules or will there be slight changes for the FS setting?

Ah yes, good catch!  Too many holes yet to patch in my draft.  It more or less follows Mythic rules, I was going to include it in the rules for player reference (most folks in my group don't own any RPG rulebooks at all, let alone BoL ones!)

Re: Carpathia, thanks for the vote of confidence -- one way or another, my current rules will be coming soon!

11/25/2020 2:08 pm  #6

Oh, sweet!  It's too bad I didn't play Fading Suns back in the day.

Where's my axe?

10/11/2023 7:37 am  #7

The link in the first post is dead - is there anywhere that I can see the Fading Suns  / BoL mash up notes?

Board footera