The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/23/2020 5:03 pm  #131

Re: What RPG(s) are you playing/running/planning?

Yes, since I am playing solo, I can play an entire session in several hours.  Although I had to change the ending since I had them going to Ygddar originally, then I saw Urceb on the map and it made more sense since it would be a good place for Lady Corsair to leave the group.

3/23/2020 5:33 pm  #132

So awesome! I may have to pick your brain about your solo sessions. It sounds like you can cover a lot more ground in "several hours" than I can. How much do you write down as you play? Do you mostly think it through and then summarize at the end, or write it out as you go?

3/23/2020 8:24 pm  #133

Yes, although I'm new to the solo RPG, when I was a kid I would play.  I would always imagine it like a movie, so the scenes were not long and much conversation, so I guess I still do that with the solo game.  I sometimes have an idea, but most of the time since I play BoL, I read about the particular city that I'm in, and start with a random event.  Sometimes it comes real easy, other times I have to think.  I write down notes to keep track of what has happened, but I don't describe in-depth scenes, nor do I give a whole lot of time to conversations.  Again, I guess since I'm thinking its a movie, usually the dialogue is very short and inspirational.  The second adventure I played was by far the best I have so far.  It was constantly flowing, where an ally would become an enemy and an enemy would become an ally, and it was all a surprise to me.  Honestly, a GM would have been proud of how it played out!  But, yes I do write the notes of the adventure down and I sometimes have an idea, but I have allowed the random event chart to pick out an adventure.  For instance, with the duo going to the Tower of Jesharek, that was an idea, and then it flowed from there.  Hopefully, that might be helpful.  Part of the reason, I have found this fun is because honestly, I have not found anyone to play RPGs with and I have had a lot of creative ideas stored up for years!

4/12/2020 9:21 am  #134

First, a Happy Easter to all and hope that everyone and their families are safe and doing well.

My wife recently told me that she missed the campaign that we were playing "The Hammer of Æs" (a Hyborian Age campaign) specifically the character that she was playing.  She wanted to know if we could go back and re-do the last adventure, where her character and my GM/PC character who was her partner died.

I have several options,
1.  Replay the last part of the adventure where the PCs died, see if this time they can survive.
2.  Before they set off into the cavern, the PCs had spent the night resting.  Maybe have her character have a dream foretelling of bad things... and then she can decide to not go into the cavern and proceed on to another adventure.
3.  Just say nope, the PCs died and that's final.

I figured I would run it by some BoL fans to get some feedback.

4/12/2020 9:24 am  #135

“By miracle, although everyone thought your character died, she/he rises again three days later...”

4/12/2020 9:47 am  #136

roryb wrote:

“By miracle, although everyone thought your character died, she/he rises again three days later...”

O.K. that was a good one

4/12/2020 9:53 am  #137

Since the Sword and Sorcery genre is much like the pulp fiction stories and the old serial movies, what seemed like certain death was avoided....with a hero point spent and a good plan devised between the player and the GM......

4/12/2020 11:04 am  #138

Gundarr_the_Great wrote:

Since the Sword and Sorcery genre is much like the pulp fiction stories and the old serial movies, what seemed like certain death was avoided....with a hero point spent and a good plan devised between the player and the GM......

I like this idea.
-Or-
I actually like the three days dead idea but recast as a cliffhanger.  Everyone thought they were dead but actually they weren't.  They barely survived.
-Or-
A redo of the last session.

Where's my axe?

4/12/2020 11:27 am  #139

I gave my wife the option between #1 & #2,
1.  Replay the last part of the adventure where the PCs died, see if this time they can survive.
2.  Before they set off into the cavern, the PCs had spent the night resting.  Maybe have her character have a dream foretelling of bad things... and then she can decide to not go into the cavern and proceed on to another adventure.

She said flip a coin, so I got out one of my challenge coins and told her Side A:  We replay the last part of the adventure, Side B:  Your character slept and had a dream that foretold her of bad things to come to them in the cavern so you decide to forgo pressing on.

The coin has spoken, Side B!

Thanks for your help gentlemen, we are on to the next adventure, the Mongoose d20 Conan and the Reavers of the Vilayet - using Barbarians of Lemuria rules of course

4/12/2020 11:33 am  #140

Good stuff!

Btw, what are the names of the characters just out of curiosity? I'm always interested in hearing about other people's creativity...

Board footera