The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/12/2016 2:06 am  #91

Re: Greetings, fellow Lemurian adventurers!

Welcome!
 One good place to find cosmic horror stuff for BoL is the Strange Stones blog where on the downloads page  – http://www.strangestones.com/downloads/ - you can find (as well as other BoL goodness) the scenarios of G_Man. He has written 3 Dark Fantasy/Lovecraftian scenarios and 5 Hyborian scenarios double statted for BoL and BRP: of which Army of Five Eyes features a Shoggoth and Mi-Go Mine features..well…the Mi-go.
 I always think a bit of cosmic horror fits in well with S&S. I had a sub-plot in my Lemurian campaign featuring Tcho-Tchos and the King in Yellow. And cosmic horror doesn’t have to be just Lovecraft of course.
 On this site I’ve outlined how I used some of G-Man’s Lovecraftian monsters, and characters posted by Narmer and Pao to run a BoL game in Ancient Egypt. If you are interested, look at the thread ‘Thanks to the venomous pao, Narmer, and G-Man’ which you will find under ‘General discussion’.

My real name is Steve Hall

9/12/2016 6:18 am  #92

Furthermore, the scenario Fort Oblivion features stats for a Formless Spawn of Tsathoggua in a nifty little survival horror tale.  Also see the Appendix B:  Fright Checks - an elegant and simple way to cover the effect of fear caused by things from beyond, without the PC killing/crippling nature of the San roll in CoC. And quite right too – this is Hyboria after all!

9/12/2016 9:49 am  #93

Hi lesser_evil - welcome to the forums. As usual, Gruntfuttock gives some great advice. The forums are a little quiet at the moment but rest assured a few of us are always lurking nearby ready to answer questions and share opinions 

Last edited by The GIT! (9/12/2016 9:49 am)

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

9/13/2016 1:41 am  #94

Thanks GIT for the welcome and Gruntfuttock for the excellent advise. I had a look at G-Man's stuff and it looks excellent. As for the other post, I will sure check when I have a chance, as another of my weaknesses is actually Ancient Egypt. Now I guess it's about time I stop going off-topic in this welcome post . Thanks all for the welcome, be talking to you!

Cheers

Last edited by lesser_evil (9/13/2016 1:41 am)

"Ftaires! Ftaires!"

10/06/2016 12:21 pm  #95

Hi All, the name's Finn and I've been roleplaying a variety of games since I was in my teens too long ago to comfortably admit.   I recently discovered BOL and was struck by the simplicity of the system that still conveys the sword & sorcery feel and style so well.    I am playing the game in a world of my own devising, since setting creation is one of my big recreational drivers, and am looking forward to learning more about using BOL from people more experienced with the system & sharing ideas.

I've written a book!  Regency Drama and Cyberpunk thriller all rolled into one!   "A Step Beyond Context" available now.
My blog -Otherworlds - RPG  thoughts, settings, adventures

2/18/2020 1:56 am  #96

Hello there! I'm from the far southern lands of the long white cloud. I was invited here by bat. 

I am a miniature sculptor and artist/writer, currently designing an rpg called DuckQuest. Well met!

- "What is it that a man may call the greatest things in life?"
- "Hot water, good dentishtry and shoft lavatory paper."

2/18/2020 10:18 am  #97

Well, as a rugby and cricket fan, as well as obviously being a fan of BoL, I welcome you to the boards (in the hopes that you are also a fan of said sports) - I live in Canada but I am from England.

Last edited by The GIT! (2/18/2020 10:18 am)

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

2/18/2020 7:05 pm  #98

Welcome aboard, Darcy! Please make yourself at home.

I am the one who writes ​https://ancientvaults.wordpress.com/ for the OSR, yet BoL and Everywhen are pretty cool too.

2/19/2020 4:51 am  #99

Greetings Darcy! These boards need new blood!! (As do the sorcerers, but that's another story.) 

2/19/2020 8:35 pm  #100

Welcome, by Hurm!

Board footera