The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/23/2019 4:57 am  #111

Re: What RPG(s) are you playing/running/planning?

Everywhen really does space opera well, doesn't it?

The games sounds like a lot of fun, with the PCs typically setting all sorts of chaos in motion. And mega-corporations are great villains. My Firefly crew have Blue Sun on their back. Let us know how this develops in the next game!!

My real name is Steve Hall

9/03/2019 6:20 am  #112

Well, the Hyborian Age Campaign "The Hammer of Æs" that I was running for my wife and I came to an end on Sunday night.  We started this campaign back in 2012 or 13 using the Mongoose D20 rules, then in the summer of 2015 we switched over to BoL.

The campaign centered on the adventures of a Female Shemite Nomad/Thief and her barbarian companion from Asgard.  The two travelled all over the lands of the Hyborian Age, having numerous adventures. 

But in the end, the two were killed during a battle with a long dead Acheronian Bloodless Sorcerer-King and his man-bat creations. 

It was a great campaign.  Switching over to BoL really kept it going for us, now we are going to return to our Jalizar Campaign (from Savage Worlds Beasts and Barbarians, but of course we will be using BoL rules )

9/03/2019 6:31 am  #113

BoL rocks it again! I hope it ended in glorious death.

9/03/2019 9:56 am  #114

'Lo, there do I see my father
'Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers
'Lo, there do I see the line of my people
Back to the beginning
'Lo, they do call to me
They bid me take my place among them
In the halls of Valhalla
Where the brave
May live forever

- The 13th Warrior

Last edited by Gruntfuttock (9/03/2019 9:58 am)

9/16/2019 8:08 am  #115

Recently started an Everywhen "not-Traveller" campaign for a couple friends online.  I foresee lots of detective work, espionage, and intrigue happening as this group of characters pursue their ends. 

9/16/2019 12:22 pm  #116

Gruntfuttock wrote:

Apparently there are plans to update Dogs of W.A. R. as an Everywhen supplement, although there are a few ahead of it in the queue. However, just using the core EW book I ran a very successful 1960s spy game.

When you ran your 60s spy game, what did you use for careers/specializations?  The list from DoW?  I'm tinkering with specializations (among other things) for an Everywhen espionage game, curious to see what you did.  Did you come up with any other houserules for spy stuff?  Hmm, maybe we should just start another thread about this...

9/17/2019 5:29 am  #117

Okey Dokey! Will do.

9/17/2019 10:08 am  #118

It’s time to think about what to run after HoH comes to a conclusion. My plans from the Spring to Everywhen-ize Blue Planet and Atlantis: The Second Age have come to naught. My players are keen on a return to our 1960’s Man From UNCLE game. However, before that I fancy something Victorian.

I have half written a straight non-Mythos Western game using the material in Blood Sundown, but I don’t think I’ve got it right. As my wife was a big fan of Penny Dreadful (not the third series – that was rubbish) I’m thinking a game of Victoria monster hunting. A bit of a well-worn path for many, but we’ve never actually played this sort of game.Some years back I did run a very successful Victorian spy game - Mycroft's Minions - where the players were agents of the Royal Secret Intelligence Bureau, which was run by Mycroft Holmes. I ran it with FUDGE and a good time was had by all. However, I think I'm a bit played out with Victorian spies, so monster hunting has its appeal.

I've got some idea of a careers list and I've worked out stats for Victorian weapons - mainly those weird and rather stylish tiny pistols that were in vogue at the time. Working on backgrounds now, as class and where you were born would affect your upbringing. I'm working on this in odd moments between writing the Heroes of Hellas games, so it's definitely a work in progress.

Last edited by Gruntfuttock (9/17/2019 10:09 am)

11/14/2019 6:38 pm  #119

Planning a Moldvay D&D hexcrawl for my sons and nephew.

Where's my axe?

12/28/2019 10:54 am  #120

What are you running now, and what have you got planned for the new year? My plans for the forthcoming months/new year never seem to happen, but it's fun to dream.

I'm down to just a single player now, my wife Alison, so most things will be based on her preferences - so expect lots of detection and bloody violence. Everywhen will see Captain Treville's Daughter continuing to cut a bloody path through the Cardinal's enemies in 17th century France, and an EW campaign in the Savage Worlds setting of Tropicana, but rolled back to the 1980s.

Board footera