The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/27/2019 5:36 am  #1

Victorian Monster Hunting

Due to scheduling issues I won’t be able to run my Heroes of Hellos games for a couple of weeks, so it’s time to think about what to run after HoH comes to a conclusion. My plans from the Spring to Everywhen-ize Blue Planet and Atlantis: The Second Age have come to naught. My players are keen on a return to our 1960’s Man From UNCLE game. However, before that I fancy something Victorian.

I have half written a straight non-Mythos Western game using the material in Blood Sundown, but I don’t think I’ve got it right. As my wife was a big fan of Penny Dreadful (not the third series – that was rubbish) I’m thinking a game of Victoria monster hunting. A bit of a well-worn path for many, but we’ve never actually played this sort of game.

Some years back I did run a very successful Victorian spy game - Mycroft's Minions - where the players were agents of the Royal Secret Intelligence Bureau, which was run by Mycroft Holmes. I ran it with FUDGE and a good time was had by all. However, I think I'm a bit played out with Victorian spies, so monster hunting has its appeal. We'll see...

Last edited by Gruntfuttock (8/27/2019 5:37 am)

My real name is Steve Hall

Board footera