The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/03/2019 1:28 am  #1

Prolonging campaign play

The most common criticism I see for BoL Mythic is that it might not be good for long campaign play because it is so quick and easy to max out character stats. 

What are some ways to address this and make the game viable for an epic and long campaign?

7/03/2019 11:08 am  #2

Re: Prolonging campaign play

Actually, if you measure up advancement options, it gets very costly to max out characters. Ability point increases are very expensive. Somewhere I read a blog post where some drew out the advancement options for a character and it spanned a tremendously long career.

Keep in mind that advancement points are supposed to be awarded only at the end of a saga...although how long a saga should be is left somewhat vague, 2-5 sessions is probably a good benchmark. For sure once every session is not what was intended.

Naturally, adjusting the rate of advancement is one of the easiest things for a GM to do. Some even eliminate advancement altogether. Personally, I think dropping AP’s into followers is one of the more underused and less discussed options that helps assert the genre.

More henchmen! More sidekicks!

7/03/2019 11:33 am  #3

roryb wrote:

Actually, if you measure up advancement options, it gets very costly to max out characters. Ability point increases are very expensive. Somewhere I read a blog post where some drew out the advancement options for a character and it spanned a tremendously long career.

Sounds like a fascinating post, any chance you could dig it up and post a link?

Personally, I think dropping AP’s into followers is one of the more underused and less discussed options that helps assert the genre.

More henchmen! More sidekicks!

Great point!

7/03/2019 4:09 pm  #4

gnombient wrote:

Sounds like a fascinating post, any chance you could dig it up and post a link?

I think I found it over on Stack Exchange.

Board footera