The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/08/2015 8:35 am  #21

Re: Carpathia Update

Any chance for an update on this project?

12/09/2015 8:34 am  #22

Carpathia will fall under Dicey Tales: Mythic Edition as a sourcebook.

As of today, the Dicey Tales rules manuscript is completed. I anticipate Dicey Tales to hit the virtual shelves in April, followed closely by
Dicey Tales presents: Carpathia
​Dicey Tales presents: The Lost world of Hador
and ​Dicey Tales presents: Legends of Steel (Revised & Expanded)

Jeff

12/09/2015 10:42 am  #23

Look forward to seeing them all!

12/14/2015 3:02 pm  #24

theevildm wrote:

As of today, the Dicey Tales rules manuscript is completed. I anticipate Dicey Tales to hit the virtual shelves in April, followed closely by

Jeff

Jeff, thank you for this information. I look forward to purchasing each of these as they are released.

Last edited by Kathulos (12/14/2015 3:04 pm)

1/26/2016 2:17 pm  #25

Please consider contacting Martin McKenna for images! His earlier works might be cheaper, and Hammer was a clear inspiration. Just google name plus images and you will see he is right for this project.

Too much, too young...

7/09/2016 10:44 pm  #26

Any news? Last update said April, and it's now July....

6/26/2017 1:27 pm  #27

It's almost July 2017
Should we consider this project dead?

6/27/2017 5:10 am  #28

theevildm wrote:

Jeff

​This was Jeff's last word on Carpathia, and as there has been no word on DT Mythic either for some time, regretfully I think both may be dead! I've played the hell out of Dicey Tales Legendary Edition, and of course we still have that (and it is not too difficult to do a homebrewed Mythic update to DT).

However, I was really looking forward to Carpathia, as I thought the genre was a really good fit for BoL. I'd snap it up in an instant if it appeared, but I fear we will never see it.

My real name is Steve Hall

6/27/2017 2:45 pm  #29

Gruntfuttock wrote:

theevildm wrote:

Jeff

​This was Jeff's last word on Carpathia, and as there has been no word on DT Mythic either for some time, regretfully I think both may be dead! I've played the hell out of Dicey Tales Legendary Edition, and of course we still have that (and it is not too difficult to do a homebrewed Mythic update to DT).

However, I was really looking forward to Carpathia, as I thought the genre was a really good fit for BoL. I'd snap it up in an instant if it appeared, but I fear we will never see it.

I'm afraid you are correct. Which, to me, really sucks. (No pun intended.)
Every since I first heard of this I have watched the old Hammer Horror films in a different way. Thinking about how to stat out the various characters and describe the mood and settings to my players.
Hopefully, someday, this will be revived and we can have it in our hands, but I regretfully doubt it.

7/01/2017 5:33 pm  #30

I have no idea if the project is truly dead. 

When we last spoke some months back, Jeff was busy with real-life commitments that left him without much time or energy to work on DT Mythic.  I haven't heard much from Peter (who's also busy with various projects), other than him giving me some good and helpful feedback on the adventures I've written.  . 

With changing work and family commitments as well as the ever-frustrating gamer-ADD, I haven't been very consistent in my own work on the project.  I have notes for running Carpathia with BoL Mythic and my own variant of BoL Hack (my players are d20 junkies), some gazetteer stuff, and a couple adventures.  I've playtested my Carpathia adventures with my group and incorporated some feedback from them as well. 

Last edited by gnombient (7/01/2017 5:59 pm)

Board footera