The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2017 9:30 am  #1

Crimson Blades II rules question thread

When it comes to banishing demons that are not ones you summoned, can you banish those that are have been bound by another sorcerer or just ones that have been summoned and not bound?

Thanks

4/25/2017 10:31 am  #2

Re: Crimson Blades II rules question thread

When it mentions that a demon is equal to the sorcerer who summoned it, what happens to a bound demon if the sorcerer gains a level? Does the demon stay the same level it was at which it was bound or does it gain level as the sorcerer gains level?

Thanks

4/26/2017 7:14 am  #3

hoplitenomad wrote:

When it comes to banishing demons that are not ones you summoned, can you banish those that are have been bound by another sorcerer or just ones that have been summoned and not bound?

Thanks

​Yes you can but I guess the original Sorcerer will be mightily pissed at you...

Last edited by Simon W (4/26/2017 7:16 am)

4/26/2017 7:15 am  #4

hoplitenomad wrote:

When it mentions that a demon is equal to the sorcerer who summoned it, what happens to a bound demon if the sorcerer gains a level? Does the demon stay the same level it was at which it was bound or does it gain level as the sorcerer gains level?

Thanks

Good question. I guess the answer is up to the GM. I'd say it stays the same level but that's just me...

7/26/2017 9:40 am  #5

Hey Simon

I'm presently running a Crimson Blades d20 game for my group (set in Thieves' World city of Sanctuary). I was perusing the spells and noticed this in the Feeblemind description...

"If however, the target succeeds with his saving throw, he is considered to be under the effect of a Haste spell for as many rounds as the caster has levels."

The thing is there is no Haste spell in the book. So, I was wondering if you might post your thoughts on Haste (there are so many versions over the years) or should I just ignore that part of the Feeblemind description?

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

7/26/2017 1:09 pm  #6

The GIT! wrote:

Hey Simon

I'm presently running a Crimson Blades d20 game for my group (set in Thieves' World city of Sanctuary). I was perusing the spells and noticed this in the Feeblemind description...

"If however, the target succeeds with his saving throw, he is considered to be under the effect of a Haste spell for as many rounds as the caster has levels."

The thing is there is no Haste spell in the book. So, I was wondering if you might post your thoughts on Haste (there are so many versions over the years) or should I just ignore that part of the Feeblemind description?

​Oops, sorry about that. I'd probably just ignore it. I'll have to get and update the pdf on RPGNow!

7/26/2017 2:03 pm  #7

Simon W wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

Hey Simon

​Oops, sorry about that. I'd probably just ignore it. I'll have to get and update the pdf on RPGNow!

Don't forget to update the hardcover at Lulu as well (yeah, I got a copy).

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

9/12/2017 7:39 am  #8

Hi again Simon

Another question about the d20 Crimson Blades. It doesn't look as though the People, Animals, Monsters & Undead section got a full conversion. There are no Base Attack mods listed. I know that the original CB rules uses Hit Dice to also determine the attack capabilities of the monsters but d20 doesn't work that way.  Also, not all creatures have the same Hit Dice (an Enchantress has 2d4 for example).

Is there some simple way to determine the Base Attack Bonus for creatures in the d20 rules? Maybe it's as simple as using the Experience Levels table on pg 10 - Hit Dice of d8 or larger use the Primary Save column and Hit Dice smaller than d8 use the Normal Save column? Number of Hit Dice determines the Level?

Also, some of the special attacks still use the Hit Dice to determine success. For example, the Sea Serpent says "If a sea serpent hits with at least two of its HD, it means it has swallowed its victim whole." How to determine success in d20?

Last edited by The GIT! (9/12/2017 7:50 am)

2/01/2019 7:30 pm  #9

The GIT! wrote:

Hi again Simon

Another question about the d20 Crimson Blades. It doesn't look as though the People, Animals, Monsters & Undead section got a full conversion. There are no Base Attack mods listed. I know that the original CB rules uses Hit Dice to also determine the attack capabilities of the monsters but d20 doesn't work that way.  Also, not all creatures have the same Hit Dice (an Enchantress has 2d4 for example).

Is there some simple way to determine the Base Attack Bonus for creatures in the d20 rules? Maybe it's as simple as using the Experience Levels table on pg 10 - Hit Dice of d8 or larger use the Primary Save column and Hit Dice smaller than d8 use the Normal Save column? Number of Hit Dice determines the Level?

Also, some of the special attacks still use the Hit Dice to determine success. For example, the Sea Serpent says "If a sea serpent hits with at least two of its HD, it means it has swallowed its victim whole." How to determine success in d20?

Not sure if Simon is watching this board anymore but, in the hopes that he is, I had to bump this post to see if I can get a definitive answer.

2/12/2019 5:49 pm  #10

The GIT! wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

Hi again Simon

Not sure if Simon is watching this board anymore but, in the hopes that he is, I had to bump this post to see if I can get a definitive answer.

I don't know if anyone is consistently watching this board anymore!

You may want to try the Beyond Belief Games area at Original D&D Discussion, I know he visits there periodically.

Board footera