The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/01/2016 8:21 am  #1

New Hyborian BoL Adventure

For anyone interested, check out 'The Sundered Vale' here:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6vRFJoUHR9deVNGZW1UY2VSbWM/view?usp=sharing

12/01/2016 9:02 am  #2

Re: New Hyborian BoL Adventure

Very nice - very purist. I like the 'pick up and play' set up. Very easy to drop into any ongoing campaign  (all you need is a desert) or as a one off. Reminds me (in a good way) of Savage Worlds 'plot points'

I like the evocative use of wildlife - monitor lizards and an army of baboons? Hardly conventional

Last edited by Peter (12/01/2016 9:03 am)

12/01/2016 7:33 pm  #3

Thanks for the feedback, Peter. Most BoL adventures I write are designed for play at conventions, to better spread the glory of this wonderfully robust rule-set.  And while BoL handles a number of genres well, I think it's especially suited for R.E.H.'s Hyboria.

12/01/2016 10:49 pm  #4

That makes sense - I should have twigged it has a convention style set up.

Completely agree with BoL for Hyboria. My last big Hyborian campaign used the Mongoose d20 rules, and it basically crashed on i) the slightly clunky rules, ii) my lack of experience of d20, iii) all of the above. I've had an eye out for a decent Hyborian rules set since - and BoL is the obvious candidate.

12/02/2016 4:59 am  #5

Another great adventure G-Man - and I think that your Hyborian scenarios seem to be closest to your heart. And thanks for the lamia by the way, as I have need of such a beast in my current Egyptian game.

​Peter, if you still have a copy of Mongoose's Road of Kings (or 2nd Ed. 'Return to...') then you have only to slap BoL on top for a great Hyborian campaign.

My real name is Steve Hall

12/02/2016 5:41 am  #6

Thanks, Grunt-Man.  I found a couple lamia write-ups in the Mongoose Conan material but went with a slightly different take.

Board footera