The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/25/2014 2:39 pm  #11

Re: What RPG(s) are you playing/running/planning?

Planning a BoL Hyborian Age game.

Where's my axe?

2/26/2014 8:05 am  #12

Currently playing:
OD&D in a City State of the Invincible Overlord campaign
OD&D in a play through of B1 In Search of the Unknown
OD&D in the Golden Dome

Currently running:
Pendragon 1st edition in Cameliard
Pendragon 1st edition in Logres
Barbarians of Lemuria free edition
3 different parties in OD&D in Judges Guild setting of Verbosh
Original Mazes & Minotaurs
Pendragon 3rd edition (Saxon campaign)
WEG Star Wars D6 10 years after the clone wars

Currently planning:
MERP 2nd edition campaign in 1640 TA Arnor
Mongoose Traveller in shared universe

2/26/2014 8:07 am  #13

theevildm wrote:

gnombient wrote:

Currently planning: "Caverns of Mystery" 1920s exploration/lost world adventure (system TBD, most likely Dicey Tales)

Of course Dicey Tales! Nothing else comes close! 

Indeed!  I've also considered HEX, Terra Incognita, Spirit of the Century, Simon's fun S&W hack Ancient Mysteries & Lost Treasures... Much as I like those games, I find myself constantly returning to the question, "why not just run it with Dicey Tales?"   

2/26/2014 8:38 am  #14

Playing: Savage Worlds Fantasy
Running: Ubiquity All For One campaign; Savage Worlds Agents of Oblivion campaign.
Planning: Honor + Intrigue / Pike, Shotte & Sorcerie pirates campaign; BoL Hyborian Age campaign; Savage Worlds Rippers campaign; James Bond RPG missions.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

2/27/2014 4:10 am  #15

gnombient wrote:

theevildm wrote:

gnombient wrote:

Currently planning: "Caverns of Mystery" 1920s exploration/lost world adventure (system TBD, most likely Dicey Tales)

Of course Dicey Tales! Nothing else comes close! 

Indeed!  I've also considered HEX, Terra Incognita, Spirit of the Century, Simon's fun S&W hack Ancient Mysteries & Lost Treasures... Much as I like those games, I find myself constantly returning to the question, "why not just run it with Dicey Tales?"   

Terra Incognita is a great game, and HEX would also work well (although I find it a bit clunky in places and find CharGen a chore). I'd be more tempted for this sort of game by Two Fisted Tales, which is a great game, full of character.
But...
When it comes right down to it...

Dicey Tales!

Accept no substitutes!

My real name is Steve Hall

2/27/2014 10:23 pm  #16

Currently playing a "10 years later" after our last plot using H&I. Got the green light for a pure Bol game using mythic rules after this story arch ends. Although two of the 5 pcs will be survivors from our Los game who got lost at sea and washed up in Lemuria, ought to be rather fun.

Coins, cleavage, and carnage...the three C's of Swords & Sorcery.

2/28/2014 11:03 am  #17

Alas nothing at the moment. I'm trying to get a monthly "open mike night" up and running. I'm planning on doing a few BoL One-shots.

3/02/2014 10:34 am  #18

I have played a little D&D 3.?. Still don't like it but it is what my friend is willing to run.
Ran a couple BoL sessions and Warrior, Rogue & Mage (SciFi conversion) for my 20 something friends, loads of fun. Some solo Tunnels & Trolls
Hoping to do more BoL and WR&M soon as well as Tunnels and Trolls when I recieve the Delux Edition

3/02/2014 11:01 am  #19

In the RQ game I ran the other day (by the book - which is hard for me) it came flooding back how brutal the combat can be. I ran the Gringles Pawnshop scenario from Apple Lane (in the boxed set) and at the end of the fight, one character had lost an arm, one had lost a leg, one had both legs broken (but at least still attached!) and the last had his guts virtually ripped out (although he had healing, so he sorted himself out, albeit slowly). Cool.

3/03/2014 5:50 am  #20

I've yet to play RuneQuest of any kind but really want to. I've heard good things about the system overall. Which version did you run, Simon?

Art By Blob                                                  Legend4ry Gaming

Board footera