The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/23/2016 8:39 am  #11

Re: Crimson Blades 2...

Mruf wrote:

Ok, I took a look only because I don't read pdf's. Waitin' 4 physical copy. Buying pdf it was only a curiosity..

Well, you're in luck because it's here! (LULU) 

2/26/2016 10:22 am  #12

Simon W wrote:

Mruf wrote:

Ok, I took a look only because I don't read pdf's. Waitin' 4 physical copy. Buying pdf it was only a curiosity..

Not doing a hardback version Simon? I'm happy to buy the softback but thought I'd ask just in case.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

2/26/2016 2:10 pm  #13

The GIT! wrote:

Simon W wrote:

Mruf wrote:

Not doing a hardback version Simon? I'm happy to buy the softback but thought I'd ask just in case.

Try this

It looks great, btw!

Last edited by Simon W (2/26/2016 2:11 pm)

2/26/2016 4:22 pm  #14

Simon W wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

Simon W wrote:

Try this

It looks great, btw!

Now we're cooking

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

3/18/2016 6:26 pm  #15

The GIT! wrote:

Simon W wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

Try this

It looks great, btw!

Now we're cooking

I just received my hardback copy of Crimson Blades from Lulu. Damn! This book really turned out great. I am really stoked at how well this book turned out. Great job Simon!

3/18/2016 11:25 pm  #16

Will you play CB2, The Git? Now we have a flood of good games - Conan by Modiphius, NEVR, D&D 5th ed. I've bought it rather to flower on the shelf. Metaphorically, for I have it in pdf version. Unfortunately...

Bow to Satan!!!

3/19/2016 3:21 pm  #17

Mruf wrote:

Will you play CB2, The Git? Now we have a flood of good games - Conan by Modiphius, NEVR, D&D 5th ed. I've bought it rather to flower on the shelf. Metaphorically, for I have it in pdf version. Unfortunately...

I definitely plan to use it at the game table. I'm not that impressed with the 2d20 system that Modiphius uses and I hate the massive kickstarters that they produce - I've held right back on the Conan RPG and only committed to the parts that will add to the boardgame. When I run a game set in the Hyborian Age I'll be using BoL as my game engine.

As for CB2 - I think it's a great game that is very evocative of Elric and Hawkmoon. I love the fact that everything is contained in one book and it isn't bloated like the Modiphius money-grab. Also, the book is a great quality product from Lulu. I just wish I could get a hardback version of Honor+Intrigue and I would be happy as a pig in s**t

3/20/2016 12:13 am  #18

...in sheet of paper?" ;)
Money-grabing, massive kickstarter - agree, but I love every Conan released since stone age. BoL as first choice engine? That's very clever, for BoL is fast, furious and fun. I played 4 short adventures on 2d20 last week. It isn't bad, it's creative and forces to rational manipulation of doom points, which act then against players. Cool modus. My buds wish to play 2d20, I could take BoL, but don't want to fight. We shall play BoL only in Lemuria.

Since 10 minutes I'm the happy owner of the CB2 Hardcover. Why do not try to run it?

Last edited by Mruf (3/20/2016 6:42 am)

Bow to Satan!!!

3/20/2016 7:06 am  #19

I used to love every Conan released as well. Nowadays I just feel like it's the same old thing again and again. Most of us who have read the books can create a viable version of the Hyborian Age for gaming purposes. There is so much information, maps and data available online that paying for so many books just seems redundant. I'll be happy with the boardgame crossover and art book. That will include the RPG corebook as a pdf and I'll probably get the GM screen pdf as well (again, for the artwork). When the Kull book comes out next year I will definitely buy that.

BoL is more than capable of running an excellent Conan game and it's such a simple system to teach and houserule.

Last edited by The GIT! (3/20/2016 7:07 am)

3/21/2016 12:38 pm  #20

Yeah, I almost playtested Conan,but it was pretty clear they were married to the 2d20 -- which just looks like a hot mess. I guess since Star Wars we're in the age of $800 RPGs. 

Here's another good source of adventures and material for "Barbarians of Hyboria" - http://hyboria.xoth.net/

Board footera