The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/09/2015 5:04 am  #1

Hero Points for Half Lifeblood recovery confusion

On pg. 16 (2nd column, 1st bullet point) it states that a Hero can spend a Hero Point and action to shake themselves out of being dazed and immediately recover half their Lifeblood if they're at 0 Lifeblood. Seems straightforward (I'd call it "Back From the Brink"), but this recovery option is missing from the list of things you can spend Hero Points on as presented on pages 62-63, where the "Shake Off Wounds" option instead notes that they can spend an action and Hero Point to immediately recover d6 Lifeblood. Apart from the fact that it can be specifically used only when at exactly 0 Lifeblood, the former option seems much more potent. Are both intended to exist in the system (alongside Hero Point expenditure for Defying Death) but the former was accidentally left off the list of Hero Point options, or should one have replaced the other?

Similarly, the option to spend a Hero Point to delay an action and interrupt is also missing from the list of options on pages 62-63.

7/09/2015 7:08 am  #2

Re: Hero Points for Half Lifeblood recovery confusion

That's a good catch. Having just read both descriptions you mentioned, I would be inclined to stick with the ruling on pg 63 (Shake Off Wounds) - at least it keeps things consistent. Needless to say this is just my own personal opinion.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

7/18/2015 9:09 pm  #3

Does anyone have an authoritative response, please? I'd be able to finish and share my cheat sheets then.

8/04/2015 4:35 am  #4

Anyone?

10/07/2015 7:09 am  #5

These are two different Hero Point uses in my reading of the rules.
The rule on p 16 says that you can do this when your lifeblood is zero.
The p 62 Shake Off Wounds says you can do this immediately after being hit, and can only recover up to the amount of lifeblood lost to that hit.

Board footera