The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/21/2014 5:23 am  #1

The Antideluvian World

As cool as the setting in BoL is - and it looks super-cool - I am itching to adapt Mythic to the world of Karl Edward Wagner's Kane.

1/16/2015 1:19 pm  #2

Re: The Antideluvian World

Did you follow through with this?  I've started reading Kane in a desultery fashion recently so I'm interested.

Where's my axe?

1/16/2015 4:02 pm  #3

I haven't yet. I am waiting for the final version of the Mythic Edition. Also, other projects, one of which has pulled me away even from [sniff] Barbarians of the Void, which I was having a lot of fun with.

When I get going on it, I will post here.

1/21/2015 3:54 am  #4

I made a file of antediluvian animals for BoL Legendary which is still up on the yahoogroups site. It's only 9 pages. From the intro:

"I'm limiting the scope of the bestiary because I want to avoid the usual D&D-influenced range of giant versions of modern animals or insects, the polyglot mix of creatures from a range of mythical backgrounds (though I do have  a  fondness  for Greek myth), dinosaurs  and  the familiar mix of near human  races  and bizarre  creatures. They don't feature in the S&S fiction I read so they're not in the bestiary.

While  I've decided  to exclude dinosaurs  I've  included a  range of  life  forms  from  the  last 50 million years on earth, such as sabre-toothed cats, mammoths and flightless carnivorous birds. These creatures seem to me to be a better fit for S&S, being historical yet with the right ante-diluvian feel, though I know there are anachronisms as man didn't meet all of them and they are from a wide range of time periods and climate zones. I have retained the names we use now for these creatures but would suggest the GM uses local names when describing them, less scientific and more in keeping with their particular setting. Personally I probably will include some modern animals such as hunting dogs and horses but the GM is free to decide for themselves."

They just gave a slightly different feel from the normal adversaries and there is something fascinating and ancient about megafauna, and it's perfect for Kane. I think you need to sign in to Yahoogroups but I could try to find and alternative site (or just pm me and I'll email the file (only 399 kb).

Cheers

Dave

4/04/2015 10:58 pm  #5

Kane has long been a favourite of mine, have the books in paperback and am seriously considering adding them to my Kindle. Consider BoL an ideal fit for his world though I have dabbled with RQ as a possibility but it is so crunchy!

7/03/2015 10:10 pm  #6

I would be pleased to get gevrin explorer file on antediluvian animals for my hyborian BoL.
Thanks
Lupin13

7/19/2015 10:02 am  #7

Sorry for the delay - haven't checked the site in a couple of months.
I've sent the ancient animals pdf to Karnak. Anyone else send me a pm with your email address and I'll send it direct.
Cheers
Dave

7/19/2015 10:29 am  #8

Actually I've managed to upload the file to
www.bellplace.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/BoL-AncientAnimals.pdf
It worked when I tested it (fingers crossed).
Cheers
Dave

7/19/2015 11:47 am  #9

Gevrin,
Looks great, going to add this to my BoL files.

7/20/2015 12:16 pm  #10

Yeah, looks good.

Where's my axe?

Board footera