The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/14/2014 7:36 am  #11

Re: Dicey Tales Deluxe

So it's been about 7 months sine the rewrite in progress was announced? Any ETA? 

Consider this a fan nag because I realy want to have this book in my hand. You have a really good thing here.

12/29/2014 5:54 am  #12

hi Jeff,
Are you by any chance still working on that deluxe edition? I'm kind of an old school gamer, and would love to have a paper copy with all the rules. I love BoL, and always wanted to run a game in a pulp setting.

Anyway, take care!
Rob

1/20/2015 5:54 am  #13

Dicey Tales
I'm real close to finishing up the core part of Dicey Tales complete. Added flamethrowers, molotov cocktails, elephant guns, black powder weapons and smoke grenades to the weapon section. I decided to cut weapon tech at 1939 so no Bazookas or PIAT's this go around.  
Magic, Psychic abilities, and weird science gizmo's I've relegated to the "optional" section of the work. 

I'll be ready soon for another editing round with those of you that volunteered the first time. I hope you will be able to this go around as well.  

After the final edit I'm gonna get some playtesting done on this.

1/22/2015 6:27 am  #14

Fantastic news about going Mythic!  That will make running games all the easier since my players will all be on the same page.

I've said it before but you have a really great product here. I have a barrage of questions.

It was 2010 when you published Dicey Tales #1 and 2012 when Dicey Tales #2 came out.
Will there by anymore of those magazines or will this all be handled by the Deluxe rules. I know this was the plan but plans change.
Will you be posting progress reports here or on DiceyTales.com?
I'm running a Dicey Tales game starting in June. May I help edit the new document and use it for my game?
Will the Firearms be similar to what was in Dicey Tales #1? Suppression and Covering fire was AWESOME! It works especially well with the new initiative system in Mythic.
Softcover book? 
Hardcover book?
Pulp novel sized?

Last edited by jasales (1/22/2015 6:38 am)

1/22/2015 7:03 am  #15

Thanks Jasales,
I dont think there will be any more magazines. there will hopefully be a supplement following hot on the heels of Dicey Tales called Lost World Of Hador.
I will keep you in mind for the play test and the pre-editing look over.
I dont plan on changing firearms. I love what Simon did with them as well (They were adapted from Dogs of War).
at the moment I'm thinking Lulu book to start and then maybe later a pdf.

jasales wrote:

Fantastic news about going Mythic!  That will make running games all the easier since my players will all be on the same page.

I've said it before but you have a really great product here. I have a barrage of questions.

It was 2010 when you published Dicey Tales #1 and 2012 when Dicey Tales #2 came out.
Will there by anymore of those magazines or will this all be handled by the Deluxe rules. I know this was the plan but plans change.
Will you be posting progress reports here or on DiceyTales.com?
I'm running a Dicey Tales game starting in June. May I help edit the new document and use it for my game?
Will the Firearms be similar to what was in Dicey Tales #1? Suppression and Covering fire was AWESOME! It works especially well with the new initiative system in Mythic.
Softcover book? 
Hardcover book?
Pulp novel sized?

1/22/2015 8:14 am  #16

Adventure!

I can't wait.

Last edited by jasales (1/22/2015 8:15 am)

1/22/2015 10:13 am  #17

Will the Contacts article make it into the Deluxe rulebook? If so, the same treatment for a Police Department would be handy (beat cop, detective, captain, chief etc.). I loved that article. Very useful.

Last edited by jasales (1/22/2015 10:14 am)

2/07/2015 9:35 pm  #18

Definitely feel that Contacts should be expanded in Dicey Tales Deluxe. Also, with regard to Careers, any chance of having Businessman/Politician and Adventurer/Explorer added?

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

2/09/2015 7:41 am  #19

The GIT! wrote:

Definitely feel that Contacts should be expanded in Dicey Tales Deluxe. Also, with regard to Careers, any chance of having Businessman/Politician and Adventurer/Explorer added?

Most likely in the NPC villains qnd allies section.

2/10/2015 6:15 am  #20

theevildm wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

Most likely in the NPC villains qnd allies section.

Makes sense. Any chance of the careers Businessman/Politician and Adventurer/Explorer being added?

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

Board footera