The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/05/2015 12:15 pm  #1

Crimson Blades Box Set

Still considering a box set for CB. Boxes are expensive, especially when looking at low(ish) numbers. In conjunction with Filigree Forge (who ran the hugely successful BoL;Mythic kickstarter) , we really want to put out a box set. The 4 books have largely been written and are being proof read/edited. Would you pledge for a box set on KS if it goes ahead? What would you want to see in the box, besides the 4 books? Give us your thoughts and feedback because it will help us decide it a) its worth the effort and b) what you all want!

2/05/2015 12:41 pm  #2

Re: Crimson Blades Box Set

Well, I'm definitely in for a box set. I hope we're talking the digest size books and box (similar to Classic Traveller). I'd also love to see a decent quality folded map and some GM cheat sheets included - maybe even a mini GM screen.

I really love the idea of a box set of Crimson Blades and I really hope it gets enough support to go ahead.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by The GIT! (2/05/2015 12:41 pm)

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

2/05/2015 12:47 pm  #3

The GIT! wrote:

Well, I'm definitely in for a box set. I hope we're talking the digest size books and box (similar to Classic Traveller). I'd also love to see a decent quality folded map and some GM cheat sheets included - maybe even a mini GM screen.

I really love the idea of a box set of Crimson Blades and I really hope it gets enough support to go ahead.

GOOD LUCK!

Yes A5 sized books. Add ons depend on support - but might include a screen, dice, map, charsheets

2/06/2015 3:39 am  #4

Well, I'm definitely in for a box set.

I agree, no matter the cost.

Bow to Satan!!!

2/06/2015 4:57 am  #5

Boxes are very expensive in small numbers. Would the preference be for a typical game box with images and text on all visible sides (custom) or the likes of a plain coloured box with a gold foil title (off the shelf)?

2/06/2015 7:07 am  #6

Venomous Filigree wrote:

Boxes are very expensive in small numbers. Would the preference be for a typical game box with images and text on all visible sides (custom) or the likes of a plain coloured box with a gold foil title (off the shelf)?

Well, my personal preference would be for a custom box with images and text on all visible sides. That said, I imagine it will all come down to cost and level of support; I don't want the box to not happen at all so, if the only feasible option is plain with gold foil title, I will accept whatever is eventually made available.

Sorry if that is a vague answer but it's really the best I can offer at this time

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

2/11/2015 10:44 pm  #7

Simon W wrote:

What would you want to see in the box, besides the 4 books? Give us your thoughts and feedback because it will help us decide... what you all want!

Well, for me, I'd still very much like to see classes for both
The Puritan/Witch-Hunter & The She-Devil
that we discussed way back...

I truly believe they would work brilliantly in this setting.
Leaving no stone unturned, every gamer could then play whatever dark fantasy/Sword & Sorcery 
setting they desire without switching systems!
Aside from that, an expanded Bestiary would be helpful as well.

Still not crazy AT ALL on a box (a view others besides me share on the 'boards as well),
but at the very least, I'd drop enough coin on the KS for the PDF & print my own book.

2/11/2015 11:08 pm  #8

The box is what the KS is all about - a KS wouldn't be needed at all if I was just doing a book. The Redeemer class is basically a witch hunter, so that's got that covered. Not sure what the "she devil" class would be all about...there's now a Witch class..that might be sufficient.

2/12/2015 10:19 am  #9

Beastmaster wrote:

Still not crazy AT ALL on a box (a view others besides me share on the 'boards as well),
but at the very least, I'd drop enough coin on the KS for the PDF & print my own book.

This is a great shame as Simon needs support for the KS to even take place. I'm not sure what the objection is to a box set? I have no problem with people not liking the idea; I'm just interested to know what the objection is. If I've missed something that has already been said in this thread then I apologise in advance.

I hope people don't mind me asking - I'm really not wanting to upset anyone but I am genuinely interested in hearing other peoples opinions on the subject. For my part I love the idea of a box set. It really takes me back to my childhood and the Classic Traveller game. That's just a personal feeling but some other games have been very popular in a boxed format, such as Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea (http://www.hyperborea.tv).

2/12/2015 12:26 pm  #10

Simon, heres where the original convo came about:

Beastmaster wrote:

...other Howard-esque classes such as a puritan or she-devil? What hit die advancements would be most comparable? Things like that... Would a ''she-devil with a sword'' be best tailored to the barbarian or fighter schemes? I get the cosmetic changes like giving her a chain mail bikini, a semi-virtuous code, etc. As for the puritan, adjusted wayfarer but allowing leather? Guns are available in WW Out West & At Sea which I own, so no issues there. Maybe a slightly better attack vs. otherworldly foes?

To which you responded:

Simon W wrote:

For the puritan-guy, I'd probably tinker with the Hunter from my Sabres & Witchery
(go to my website, its there as a free d/l) - If i get a mo, I'll post my version.
For the she-devil with a sword, I'd saya fighter or barbarian would be ok -
maybe I'll work something more specific up too. 

So, having a "Witch" is cool, don't get me wrong, but it's not gonna pull off a RS She-Devil with a Sword-style class.

I can honestly say I'm no deadbeat fan when it comes to your wares.
I've purchased pretty much everything you've put out and even all the companies who put out ANYTHING for your BoL engine (everything Dicey Tales 1&2, BotA, Heroes of Hellas, H+I & their adventures, etc. etc. ad nauseam).
Heck, I even bought all your Woodland Warriors stuff!
So really, I just wanted some help with  a couple classes to make 'em work for your brand new Crimson Blades line without being too unbalanced or over-the-top. Who better would know that system than you?
I really want this to be a one-stop go-to game for all dark fantasy/S&S. I'ts that AWESOME!!!

You know what?
Despite all I've given, I'll even change my stand on the box set thing if it would guarantee those two classes would happen!
As urbwar and I both stated, we don't have room for them - that's why "GIT".
I've been collecting since the 70's and I have an entire ROOM filled with bookshelves, and half my hallway!
Another book turned sideways wouldn't be as hard to squeeze in.
Sorry if any of this seems like ranting or whatever, but I've been a loyal fan for years who just happened to remain
silent and show support with his wallet instead of vocally - until now.
But honestly, I'm desperate so I came seeking help.

Board footera