The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/27/2014 11:35 am  #171

Re: Crimson Blades Sword & Sorcery RPG

Mruf wrote:

Yes, but similarity is bigger than to any fantasy Tolkien-like setting, so I asked for that. Creative power could be always channeled into goblins, orcs etc...

There are plenty of games that do that all ready. Why compete with Pathfider, D&D and the like? This genre has less games devoted to it. And of those that do, there really is only Elric/Stormbringer (which is out of print now). 

I like carrots, too ;)

Ah, but that's a vegetable. So it's different 

8/27/2014 11:41 am  #172

Why compete with Pathfider, D&D and the like

They have completely ill mechanic. I cannot play it without... torsion. But that's only my private opinion. 

Ah, but that's a vegetable. So it's different

:D That's the reason why I wrote it. My taste demands more vegetables or fantasy ;)
Ok, ok, ok - I wanted only to know

Last edited by Mruf (8/27/2014 11:42 am)

Bow to Satan!!!

8/27/2014 12:01 pm  #173

Mruf wrote:

They have completely ill mechanic. I cannot play it without... torsion. But that's only my private opinion.

But those are the fantasy games people mostly play. Simon has a game like that all ready (Tombs & Terrors) for vanilla fantasy

:D That's the reason why I wrote it. My taste demands more vegetables or fantasy ;)
Ok, ok, ok - I wanted only to know

Have you actually read Crimson Blades? You should. It's pretty good imho

8/27/2014 12:20 pm  #174

Have you actually read Crimson Blades? You should. It's pretty good imho

I'm waiting for Kickstarter and CB-box. I'll buy it without question.

Bow to Satan!!!

8/27/2014 1:11 pm  #175

The reason I wrote Crimson Blades is that several people said I should write a more traditional fantasy game using the Woodland Warriors rules. I couldn't bring myself to writing a D&D-alike game (and as people have mentioned, Tombs & Terrors covers that ground already) - so I aimed for more Elric/Corum. I write mainly because I want to - if other people like what I write and I make a bit of money to fund my next project that's great. Crimson Blades has done well enough on RPGNow (better than anything else I've written in such a short space of time and that includes BoL) for me to think there is some mileage in launching a box set through kickstarter. I've always wanted to publish a box set!

8/27/2014 2:28 pm  #176

Simon W wrote:

I've always wanted to publish a box set!

Oh yes; this is looking like it's going to happen. AWESOME!

Last edited by The GIT! (8/27/2014 2:28 pm)

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

8/27/2014 2:46 pm  #177

I just hope you also do a regular book for those of us who don't want/need a box set

8/27/2014 10:39 pm  #178

I've always wanted to publish a box set!

Like TSR that once published CONAN's box (d20 with colourful resolution table). I've got it and appreciate box and ZeFRS rules.
So do it!

Bow to Satan!!!

8/28/2014 6:51 am  #179

Slightly updated:

8/29/2014 8:58 am  #180

I like it !!!

Board footera