The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/05/2014 7:53 pm  #21

Re: BoL convention game

I could have killed him. He did the same thing with languages. The player in question will spend forever making a character, regardless of the game we are playing, regardless of the choices to make. I could give him 2 choices and he would agonize over it like his life was on the line, asking me to revisit the choices again and again from different angles.

Everyone else picked their boons and flaws in maybe 20 minutes (since I had to go around the room and alternate between everyone). I could easily see one player taking a half hour though, even if completely new.

8/06/2014 7:58 am  #22

nerosfiddle wrote:

As for images of characters, this is what I use:
http://www.ageofgames.net/en/fantasyavatar/fantasy-avatar.html

I just gave this a try and I'm quite impressed; thanks for sharing the link.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

8/13/2014 7:51 pm  #23

Well, I made it to Gen Con.  Anyone else gonna be here?

8/17/2014 12:50 pm  #24

I was at GenCon on Saturday. I spent it taking pix of costumes and cool ad stautes, catching up with long los friends and finding the poeple I intended to meet there. I played a demo of the Firefly RPG which is a good story/character driven system as far as I could tell

8/17/2014 12:53 pm  #25

FYI another charater image generator that is pretty cool...
http://www.heromachine.com/heromachine-2-5-character-portrait-creator/

8/18/2014 6:29 pm  #26

Gen Con was amazing.  Between the assorted events, the games I played and GM'd (and even Captained!) the vendor hall, the shows, the cosplayers, and the D&D afterparties, I had a blast (though I think I only got about 2-3 hours sleep a night.   I know that I went to bed at 4 am Sunday morning after the Kryptgarden party and then got up at 6:15 to check out and get to my 8am GM slot...)

Maybe next year we can get a BoL:ME game going....

(for you facebookers, I have pictures at GMGerrymander home page...)

Board footera