The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/07/2014 4:13 am  #1

Hyborian BoL [Calling First Age]

Appologies if you are already aware of the following First Age - but I thought this may be of interest.

The usual approach to running a BoL Conan game is to grab a copy of the Mongoose book Road of Kings and slap BoL on top.

Jeff Mejia’s ‘Dicey Tales 2’ pdf includes a bestiary for pulp era adventures, which is useful for Hyborian games as it includes horses, wolves and other mundane creatures, (although stating up your own is hardly arduous).

The Strange Stones site hosts some BoL scenarios by G-Man. There are 3 Hyborian scenarios and also 3 Dark Fantasy/Lovecraftian ones that could be fitted into Hyboria with little work. You can find them here:
http://www.strangestones.com/downloads/

An American gamer who posted as daddystabz on the old Lords of Lemuria site did a lot of work on a Conan BoL game – a post about it can be found here:
http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=703&mforum=d6fantasy
Note that Lords of Lemuria died by spambot, so although there is good stuff there, it’s time consuming to find it now.

Note that all of the above are Legendary Edition material.

My real name is Steve Hall

8/07/2014 8:05 am  #2

Re: Hyborian BoL [Calling First Age]

Thanks! This is great info!

8/07/2014 11:53 am  #3

Thanks very much! 

I'm looking for exactly that list - Booms and Flaws for all the Hyborian peoples - everything else just slinks into place.

I'll construct such a list.

Cheers

Last edited by First Age (8/07/2014 11:54 am)

8/07/2014 5:22 pm  #4

I have Daddystabz's material in an rar file here

8/07/2014 5:23 pm  #5

And here is an adaption for Tower of the Elephant

8/08/2014 6:36 am  #6

urbwar wrote:

I have Daddystabz's material in an rar file here

Fantastic! Thank you.

So, I'll be looking to cross check this with the Mythic list and affirm them for my game. Great to have something to start with.

I must say that the charcter sheet is very good and inspirational. I'm unlikely to do better, but will use the included version as my base.

I'm running out of excuses to do this. 

8/08/2014 3:32 pm  #7

First Age wrote:

Fantastic! Thank you.

So, I'll be looking to cross check this with the Mythic list and affirm them for my game. Great to have something to start with.

I must say that the charcter sheet is very good and inspirational. I'm unlikely to do better, but will use the included version as my base.

I'm running out of excuses to do this. 

Your welcome. Since it's for Legendary edition, it could use updating to Mythic, so now you have work to do, and yes, no excuses lol

3/02/2015 10:34 pm  #8

So did ya do the update to Mythic? Character sheet looks great...

Bow to Satan!!!

3/03/2015 10:23 am  #9

The character sheet does look excellent; as a minor point I did notice that "Hyborian" is spelled incorrectly on the sheet.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

3/03/2015 10:40 am  #10

CORRECT!!! I saw this fault and thought: accident or intentional fault
It should be "Hyborian". In Poland there are two terms: Hyborian (translated into Hyboryjski, in books) and Hyborean (Hyborejski, used by strong group of fans). The latter sounds horribly for me...

It does look excellent, but one need to change this "Brawl".

Bow to Satan!!!

Board footera