The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/21/2014 1:08 pm  #1

Carpathia Update

The Carpathia development team met  last Saturday to review our progress. We hope to have Carpathia done following the release of the Mythic Edition.  Discussion of a possible Kickstarter was tabled until the manuscript is in it's final form.

7/21/2014 9:55 pm  #2

Re: Carpathia Update

Good to hear!

7/22/2014 6:32 am  #3

EDM, Thanks for the upate. I'vd been wanting to see this since I first read about it. Please keep us updated. And, if possible, maybe a few previews?

7/22/2014 6:46 am  #4

This is excellent news - really very keen to see this product get published.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

7/22/2014 9:02 am  #5

Good to hear Jeff!

My real name is Steve Hall

7/22/2014 9:10 am  #6

That's great news!
I'll confess, I had given up hope of Carpathia ever seeing the light of day..
Uh? Uh? See what I did there?
Let the groans commence!

7/28/2014 9:54 am  #7

nerosfiddle wrote:

That's great news!
I'll confess, I had given up hope of Carpathia ever seeing the light of day..
Uh? Uh? See what I did there?
Let the groans commence!

8/04/2014 10:27 am  #8

The Carpathia development team is excited to see people enthused about our project.  We want to deliver the best sourcebook we can and want people to be even more excited when they see it than they are now, just hearing about it, so to that end we'd like to ask:  What, in terms of rules or setting content, do you really want in this supplement?   Or, to put it another way, fill in the blank: "I got my copy of Carpathia in the mail the other day.  I've read it, and I love that it includes ______________."

Your comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

8/04/2014 5:01 pm  #9

I'd love to see rules on sanity and fear; stats for mythical and literary beasts and antagonists (i.e. vampire, werewolves, frankenstein's monster, mummies, Mr Hyde, ghosts, gargoyles etc); rules for exorcisms and fighting undead; more weapons and gear; rules on vehicles and travelling over air, land and sea (such as times and distance and terrain).

I'm sure there's loads more I 'd like to see but this is a starting point for my wishlist 

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

8/05/2014 6:08 am  #10

All the things GIT wrote above are great.
For my part however, a premium should be placed on the setting write up.
If Carpathia is meant to be a "dark fantasy Romania", then I'd like the text to convey that feeling. Tell me about how the people live. How their lives are different given the walking nightmares that exist in their world. What do they do to protect themselves? What superstitions do they have? Is there an equivalent to the Gypsy people in Carpathia? What secrest do they hold?

If Carpathia is meant to be a global setting, then a brief but solid overview of each region is called for. Lets have a small taste of the local flavour and how the monstrosities of the world impact the people in each area.

Just my 2 cents.

Board footera