The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/06/2014 9:54 am  #51

Re: Announcement!

Me too, I've backed a fair few kickstarters in the past two years, good, bad and ugly.

7/06/2014 12:18 pm  #52

Venomous Filigree wrote:

Who wants to give feedback on the Kickstarter, prior to going live....?

Sure, why not?

7/06/2014 12:58 pm  #53

Here it is for you all

Just waiting on the new video (I've linked to the teaser for the time being) and then we're good to go live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/700903193/1064775552?token=4bd1e26f

7/06/2014 8:45 pm  #54

I think it looks manageable and all the stretch goals so far look appropriate. To be honest there's nothing that tempts me to kickstart rather than wait for the retail edition, and I wonder if there are other casual BoL fans (who may have more money than me! ) who feel the same.Maybe from the start it needs a high tier for a Kickstarter - exclusive product, maybe a limited collector's edition signed, numbered hardbacks (usually with alternative covers).

7/06/2014 8:49 pm  #55

Looking forward to the new vid.

7/06/2014 9:02 pm  #56

Waiting for the ultimate version.
5 physicall copies at the cost of 30 pounds? Sounds great, but for what so many books? I prefer one, fantastic coloured hardcover rather than 5 books.
Nevertheless i"ll pay it.

Bow to Satan!!!

7/06/2014 9:29 pm  #57

geordie racer, if the kickstarter isn't successful there won't be a retail version, if the listed stretch goals aren't met it won't be all colour, is that not enough to tempt you? If those goals are met, then the Kickstarter has served its purpose.

Mruf, i have moved the sentence "You must be able to prove that you are a retail store." from the end of the pledge description, to the beginning.

7/06/2014 9:37 pm  #58

Yes, you're right, I didn't draw attention to it.

Bow to Satan!!!

7/06/2014 10:12 pm  #59

geordie racer wrote:

I think it looks manageable and all the stretch goals so far look appropriate. To be honest there's nothing that tempts me to kickstart rather than wait for the retail edition, and I wonder if there are other casual BoL fans (who may have more money than me! ) who feel the same.Maybe from the start it needs a high tier for a Kickstarter - exclusive product, maybe a limited collector's edition signed, numbered hardbacks (usually with alternative covers).

The thing you're forgetting is that if the KS fails, the book doesn't get done at all.

7/06/2014 10:21 pm  #60

It should always be noted that Kickstarter is not a preorder system; it's a fundraising platform. While a lot of publishers and companies do use Kickstarter to fulfill preorders (thus making the "I'll wait for retail" argument valid), that's really not its intention. If you like the project and wish to support it (and are capable and willing), you should support it. That this book might end up in retail shouldn't prevent people from backing, because honestly, look how "easy" it is to get a printed version of Legendary (quotes mean it's expensive).

I have a suggestion/piece of feedback. I'm interesting in picking up BoL based on some suggestions from RPG.net posters. But with a new edition coming out almost immediately with more setting info and hopefully a better method of purchasing a print version, this puts me in a weird spot. I still wouldn't mind picking up Legendary so that I can get a game going and learn more about the Lemuria setting, but I see little monetary value with an update staring me right in the face, since I'll likely be replacing it shortly with Mythic.

In light of this, would you consider offering a download code to backers for Legendary (in addition to the draft of the new edition) or perhaps consider putting Legendary on sale during the campaign? I've seen some KS campaigns offer pledge levels and deals for past publications or other works from the creator, so the idea isn't that far fetched. This would also let backers who are new to the game have a little extra bonus to use while Mythic is being finished.

Board footera