The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/27/2015 11:03 am  #221

Re: Barbarians of the Void

moucho wrote:

Oh, and I have a new draft of my BoV Companion in case someone is interested in taking a look to it and give me some feedback.

What's in the companion?

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

6/28/2015 11:43 am  #222

I understand that Strength doubles as endurance in BoL, but I still wouldn't use it to represent capacity for mental fatigue-- just leave that to Mind, and have the cybernetics rules rely on Strength.

6/28/2015 1:28 pm  #223

The GIT! wrote:

moucho wrote:

Oh, and I have a new draft of my BoV Companion in case someone is interested in taking a look to it and give me some feedback.

What's in the companion?

When I discovered BoV some time ago, I was thinking about using it with a Star Trek setup (see post #185). After reading the manual more carefully, I made some suggestions (post #192). Jasales liked them, and suggested me to work in the corresponding rules, so I started writing an "appendix" (renamed as "companion" later) with new careers, new space travel systems, more weapons... (post #210), and now I have a very-first draft with a couple of new careers, an extended list of space travel systems (I'm thinking about the trip duration rules now). The only problem is that I have had little free time lately to keep working on them. Once I have a first version, my intention is to extend it to the Star Trek universe.

Anyway, if somebody wants to take a look and give me constructive feedback, just tell me.

6/28/2015 4:08 pm  #224

moucho wrote:

Anyway, if somebody wants to take a look and give me constructive feedback, just tell me.

I'd love to take a look, but jasales and Chaosmeister may be better suited in this regard.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

6/28/2015 6:14 pm  #225

I got to see a few versions of the companion. I probably gave him more comments than he wanted.

I will say it looked pretty cool. I can't contribute any more as I have a few to many projects keeping me busy at this time.

6/29/2015 1:23 am  #226

On the contrary, Jasales, your comments were very useful and I tried to apply them. The GIT!, I'll send you a PM with the url of the current version.

6/29/2015 10:15 am  #227

Great to see folks working on this, wish I had the time to get involved.

6/29/2015 3:27 pm  #228

moucho wrote:

On the contrary, Jasales, your comments were very useful and I tried to apply them. The GIT!, I'll send you a PM with the url of the current version.

Got it! I've sent a response via PM and will start giving this some serious attention through the week. Really like what I see so far.

7/30/2015 8:44 am  #229

What are the chances of BotV getting an official release?  I sure would like to get my hands on a print copy.

8/02/2015 11:49 am  #230

BotV was never meant to be an official product. It was just some thoughts I jotted down for a home brew game and I decided to share my ramblings in case anyone else wanted to do a sci fi game with BoL.

Board footera