The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2015 11:25 am  #1

Anyone done stuff yet with Mythic?

So, Mythic Edition has been out for a while - anyone run any games yet? Tell us all about it!

3/01/2015 11:38 am  #2

Re: Anyone done stuff yet with Mythic?

Yeah, I run twice, but used earlier version - beta Mythic.
In the fist adv action was placed in Qush Jungles, in ruined city of H'lar. There was a kidnapping, trip through the jungles to H'lar and fight with a pack of rubbers who made in ruins their hide-spot. Player characters freed the prisoner after epic fight (with Phongs, too )

Bow to Satan!!!

3/01/2015 11:29 pm  #3

I have tinkered with it solitaire, and am loving it! The saga creator is gold! Here's one setup that I came up with that seems chock full of fun:

Red Sonja and the Pirates of the Isle of Dread

Seeking to abduct the dark, beautiful dancer, Asmalda, who Red Sonja seeks revenge against for killing Creodan, a famed mercenary captain to whom she was devoted (and paid). Asmalda made off with loot after slaying the unsuspecting mercenary in cold blood and many of his followers. However, things are complicated, because hordes from Hyperboria are sweeping down the coast upon their dragon ships, burning all, and the pirates are fleeing the Isle of Dread, chaos in their wake. The place where Asmalda was last seen is now overrun with Hyperborians, with whom Sonja must first deal.

Obviously, things have been adapted for a Hyborian analogue. Good fun! Looking forward to hear what other groups have done. BTW, I think BoL makes a great solitaire system...

3/02/2015 4:13 am  #4

Regretfully, not yet!
My players are enjoying our Firefly game so much - using Barbarians of the Void, minus the FLT drive - that they arn't in the mood for S&S at the moment. I was thinking of putting together a Mythic game in the world of Kull, but have been told most forcibly that when we do S&S again, it has to be Lemuria. This will mean converting their LE PCs to Mythic. Umm...how to add fair Initiative ratings to established LE characters?

My real name is Steve Hall

3/02/2015 4:17 am  #5

Thinking about it, my first Mythic game might be one of two pulp historical ideas. Either demon hunting in 15th Century Florence, or a swashbuckling 18th Century Cthulhu-inspired game.

My real name is Steve Hall

3/02/2015 4:13 pm  #6

I haven't run a game with Mythic... yet. I have planned out 2 adventures using some non-Conan Robert E. Howard stories as inspiration. I plan to run them with my D&D 2e group when we finish up our current campaign. My group seems very interested in playing BoL though so I'm excited to run it for them.

3/03/2015 10:21 am  #7

No BoL Mythic yet but I have started running some Dicey Tales with the new Mythic rules. My group seems to like the BoL system so I will be looking to run some Honor+Intrigue and Hyborian Age BoL. I'm also looking to put together a Star Wars conversion - I'll be plagiarising conversion notes from other people, that I found on the web, and then adding some of my own tweaks; probably use a fair bit of Barbarians of the Void as well.

Last edited by The GIT! (3/03/2015 10:21 am)

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

3/03/2015 2:16 pm  #8

I've been doing a bunch of Barbarians of the Void with Mythic as the base. Been going well.

3/03/2015 6:24 pm  #9

I'm currently running a Hyborian Age BoL game with Mythic.
Running very smoothly of course.

3/05/2015 10:03 am  #10

nerosfiddle wrote:

I'm currently running a Hyborian Age BoL game with Mythic.
Running very smoothly of course.

Have you done much conversion work for the setting, or did you use some of the material already available and tweak it for Mythic? I'm interested because I am planning on a Hyborian Age campaign in the near future and was wondering how you went about it.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

Board footera