The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/07/2014 2:49 am  #61

Re: Announcement!

The thing you're forgetting is that if the KS fails, the book doesn't get done at all.

Don't spare your money, 18 pounds + shipping that's not much.

Last edited by Mruf (7/07/2014 2:51 am)

Bow to Satan!!!

7/07/2014 7:06 am  #62

Personally I think BoL Mythic should really be BoL Everywhen. We've already had a couple of versions of BoL and I believe that one of the things holding the game back is the setting it is based on. Don't get me wrong, I love the Thongor books. Thing is, they're not easy to track down these days and many people prefer characters like Conan over Thongor. A BoL Everywhen would seem a much more attractive proposition for many new players - especially with all the material available such as Honor+Intrigue, Dogs of War, Barbarians of the Aftermath, Dicey Tales etc. Just my humble opinion is all. That way settings such as Lemuria could be stretch goals.

Last edited by The GIT! (7/07/2014 7:07 am)

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

7/07/2014 7:31 am  #63

BoL Everywhen isn't written and won't be until next year, at the earliest. BoL ME is written and ready to go. Shall I wait until next year and not release the BoL ME Kickstarter?

7/07/2014 7:48 am  #64

Shall I wait until next year and not release the BoL ME Kickstarter?

You mustn't.
We're waiting for the book. Time to kiss the draft goodbye!

Bow to Satan!!!

7/07/2014 8:01 am  #65

Venomous Filigree wrote:

Putting it this way, no you must not.
Actually I thought that BoL Everywhen will be like a few pages booklet with some guidances/hacks how to make ME work with other genres, not a new BoL core rulebook. If you plan to expand it to the whole new product I'm 100% ok with that.

A Disciple from a Savage World.

7/07/2014 8:08 am  #66

First thing is releasing BoL:Mythic Edition. Further we'll see, other products aren't as important. Rulebook it's the base, primary releases have absolute priority. Howgh.

Bow to Satan!!!

7/07/2014 8:20 am  #67

KFC wrote:

Venomous Filigree wrote:

Putting it this way, no you must not.
Actually I thought that BoL Everywhen will be like a few pages booklet with some guidances/hacks how to make ME work with other genres, not a new BoL core rulebook. If you plan to expand it to the whole new product I'm 100% ok with that.

I have to admit that BoL Everywhen sounds like a much larger work than I had expected. The problem is that, from what I could see on the proposed Kickstarter, Everywhen won't happen at all unless at least 500 backers support BoL Mythic. I'm just concerned that BoL Mythic is very much specific to the Lemuria setting and that, considering it's basically updating rules that are essentially available for free, may not get as many backers as hoped. Obviously I will be supporting it and getting the physical copy, as will most of the people on this forum. Thing is, will it still be enough to get Everywhen published?

Last edited by The GIT! (7/07/2014 8:20 am)

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

7/07/2014 8:30 am  #68

The GIT! wrote:

The problem is that, from what I could see on the proposed Kickstarter, Everywhen won't happen at all unless at least 500 backers support BoL Mythic. 

Being a positive thinking person I would say it will definitely happen if BoL ME hits 500 backers and could happen even if it doesn't!

7/07/2014 8:43 am  #69

Venomous Filigree wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

The problem is that, from what I could see on the proposed Kickstarter, Everywhen won't happen at all unless at least 500 backers support BoL Mythic. 

Being a positive thinking person I would say it will definitely happen if BoL ME hits 500 backers and could happen even if it doesn't!

Well, you've got my support no matter what; I really hope we can get a great version of BoL ME and Everywhen next year.

7/07/2014 8:52 am  #70

The chance isn't illusory. BoL is popular. There's no reason for defeatism. It's promising and will go well.

Bow to Satan!!!

Board footera