The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2014 9:16 am  #1

H of H Review

Hi,
i am looking for someone that would be willing to do a review for Heroes of Hellas on RPG.net. Please let me know if you are interested.

5/04/2014 10:37 am  #2

Re: H of H Review

I'd be more than willing.  Just rereading my hard copy this week.  Not a big poster on rpg.net, but this is a game worth reviewing.

Any links to where to review?

5/05/2014 8:10 am  #3

Thanks GMgerrymander!

here is the link:

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/submit-review.phtml

5/05/2014 6:27 pm  #4

Done,

5/06/2014 11:41 am  #5

I purchased my copy of HoH some time ago and have been meaning to do a review of it on my Youtube channel. I'll give myself a kick in the rear and get it done ASAP and I'll post a link to it once it's done.

5/06/2014 10:29 pm  #6

Yesterday I have received my HoH book Looks nice, at the evening I'll start to read it.

Bow to Satan!!!

5/07/2014 5:59 am  #7

Thanks guys! Much appreciated. I look forward to hearing your impressions.

5/25/2014 5:47 pm  #8

Here's my review of HoH on my Youtube channel.
Hope you all feel it did it justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eyl0nN0SZk&feature=youtu.be

5/25/2014 10:51 pm  #9

Good review - you are right, it is a great supplement

5/25/2014 11:07 pm  #10

Nice review. Hoplites were not elite warriors of Greece but *the* warriors  but apart from that it sounds solid. I miss an auxilia (medium infantry) and a psiloi (light infantry) career path there, but then I am a sucker for this types pof distinction and the BoL engine does not need them. Since it is supposed to be a hero-oriented game in the Micenic period they can be all bundled in Soldier without problems

I like the new ideas introduced for heroes (the faith mechanics, Fate and Cleos) and the mass combat rules for infantry and ships sound really cool. The whole cults sections seem great.

The chariot rules seem to be somewhat weird, since chariots were not used for raming in greece but as taxi services (move in with a chariot, dismount, fight on foot, move out with chariot when you want to stop fighting). I think I heard you say khopesh for weapons but I hope you said kopis. The author generally seems to know what he is talking about in other sections and I doubt he failed here.

I found it funny to hear the Greek god and character names with an English accent.

The only thing I missed is a review of the actual book. Durability, layout, font size, words per page... and a review of the internal artwork.

Nice review. Thanks for sharing

Board footera