The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/08/2014 1:10 am  #61

Re: Crimson Blades Sword & Sorcery RPG

Feldrik wrote:

I am a little late to the thread but there is always this map...
http://www.jonathancrowe.net/2014/04/the-only-fantasy-world-map.php

You are just a bit late (Crimson Blades has a map and the game is now #1 hot seller on RPGNow!). Other than that, thanks 

6/09/2014 1:20 pm  #62

Crimson Blades, now available from LULU

6/10/2014 1:42 pm  #63

Here's a NPC class I've been working on. Just need a 6th ability - ideas?

NPC CLASS: Surgeomancer (Dendrelyssi)
Surgeomancers are Dendrelyssi surgeon-torturers who can also summon a specific type of demon. Dendrelyssi surgeons were far advanced in their craft; primarily because they left no stone unturned in their quest to learn new surgical techniques, to the extent that practicing surgery on living slaves became commonplace. Because of their particular set of skills, Dendrelyssi surgeons were turned to for the interrogation of prisoners – their tortures became more and more elaborate and gradually became an entertainment for bored nobles rather than merely to illicit information from captives. Surgeomancers are vicious, ruthless and unmerciful. They are cruel to others to an extent that few can match. Surgeomancers are well and truly evil. INT is their Prime Attribute and CON and DEX should both be 9 or more.

Prime Attribute: INT. As Dendrelyssi, Surgeomancers receive no bonus to XP.
Primary Save: Will
Hit Dice: 1D6 at 1st level, then as the Surgeomancer Advancement table
Armour/Shield Permitted: Quilted cloth or leather, no shield
Weapons Permitted: Daggers, shortswords , longwords and cutlasses only

Surgeomancer Class Abilities
Summoning: Surgeomancers are able to summon a particular kind of demon called Demons of Pain. Full details of these demons and how to summon them are set out on page xx.

At 1st level, the Surgeomancer chooses which of the following skills will be his primary (best), which will be secondary and which will be tertiary (least good). He chooses two skills for each category. Most of these skills assume the Surgeomancer is carrying out the task at some speed or under a degree of pressure. If the Surgeomancer has time, the GM could give a small bonus; say +1 to the roll. Some skills benefit from good quality equipment.

Aid Injured: The Surgeomancer can attend a character that is at risk of death having fallen to below 0 HP. If the Surgeomancer succeeds his roll, the injured character can take +1 to his roll and re-roll his Fort roll, if he wishes. In addition, a Surgeomancer can also aid the recovery of a number of injured characters that are recuperating under his care. He can add +1 to Fort saves for recovery for a number of injured up to his own level.

Amputation: When a character has “died” as a result of injuries received in combat (see damage and death in the main rulebook), a Surgeomancer has a chance of saving him by amputation (for the purposes of this rule, it is assumed the character is actually still alive and immediate and drastic surgery might actually save him). The Surgeomancer declares “I can save him!” and whips out his bone-saw (or some other equally nasty implement). The player of the Surgeomancer chooses which body part to remove from his victim and a grisly scene ensues (which we won’t elaborate on here). With a successful roll, the “operation” is a success and the character still lives (minus the body part).

Bleeder: After hitting his unaware target (that is by surprise or from behind) and with a successful ability roll, a Surgeomancer may choose to strike a vein or artery in any enemy that has one, to cause it to bleed for 1D6 rounds, causing level divided by two (rounded up) in damage each round afterwards.

Heal Wounds: The Surgeomancer can stitch up wounds and prevent infection using alcohol or similar, healing 1-3 HP (roll 1D3). It takes 5 minutes (turns) to do a decent patch-up job (possibly leaving horrible scars in the process).

Interrogation: Surgeomancer’s are skilled at extracting the truth from their victims. With a successful roll, the Surgeomancer can receive an answer to a direct question provided that the victim knows the answer. With another successful roll, he can obtain another answer. He can keep doing this until he fails a roll. With a failed roll, the victim dies from the torture.

Last edited by Simon W (6/10/2014 1:42 pm)

6/10/2014 11:29 pm  #64

Very wicked looking class! Maybe something to do with drugs (Apothecary)? Stuff that can either increase or numb pain to aid in their work?

6/11/2014 6:12 am  #65

Okay, they've changed a bit now:

NPC CLASS: Fleshcrafter (Dendrelyssi)
Fleshcrafters are Dendrelyssi surgeon-torturers who can also summon a specific type of demon. Dendrelyssi surgeons were far advanced in their craft; primarily because they left no stone unturned in their quest to learn new surgical techniques, to the extent that practicing surgery on living slaves became commonplace. Because of their particular set of skills, Dendrelyssi surgeons were turned to for the interrogation of prisoners – their tortures became more and more elaborate and gradually became an entertainment for bored nobles rather than merely to illicit information from captives. Fleshcrafters are vicious, ruthless and unmerciful. They are cruel to others to an extent that few can match. Fleshcrafters are well and truly evil. INT is their Prime Attribute and CON and DEX should both be 9 or more.

Prime Attribute: INT. As Dendrelyssi, Fleshcrafters receive no bonus to XP.
Primary Save: Will
Hit Dice: 1D6 at 1st level, then as the Fleshcrafter Advancement table
Armour/Shield Permitted: Quilted cloth or leather, no shield
Weapons Permitted: Daggers, shortswords , longwords and cutlasses only

Fleshcrafter Class Abilities
Summoning: Fleshcrafters are able to summon a particular kind of demon called Demons of Pain. Full details of these demons and how to summon them are set out on page xx.

At 1st level, the Fleshcrafter chooses which of the following skills will be his primary (best), which will be secondary and which will be tertiary (least good). He chooses two skills for each category. Most of these skills assume the Fleshcrafter is carrying out the task at some speed or under a degree of pressure. If the Fleshcrafter has time, the GM could give a small bonus; say +1 to the roll. Some skills benefit from good quality equipment.

Amputation: When a character has “died” as a result of injuries received in combat (see damage and death in the main rulebook), a Fleshcrafter has a chance of saving him by amputation (for the purposes of this rule, it is assumed the character is actually still alive and immediate and drastic surgery might actually save him). The Fleshcrafter declares “I can save him!” and whips out his bone-saw (or some other equally nasty implement). The player of the Fleshcrafter chooses which body part to remove from his victim and a grisly scene ensues (which we won’t elaborate on here). With a successful roll, the “operation” is a success and the character still lives (minus the body part).

Bleeder: After hitting his unaware target (that is by surprise or from behind) and with a successful ability roll, a Fleshcrafter may choose to strike a vein or artery in any enemy that has one, to cause it to bleed for 1D6 rounds, causing level divided by two (rounded up) in damage each round afterwards.

Graft: A Fleshcrafter can perform face and body remodelling – cutting inches off a person’s height, or pounds off a person’s weight or even making them appear like someone else who is of a similar look and build. In addition, where someone has lost a limb a Fleshcrafter can replace the missing part with the part of another person or even with that of an animal. The more extreme the graft the more difficult it is and the GM may apply appropriate modifiers. So, grafting an animal (rather than human) limb to a person would be a -1 modifier. The player and GM should work together to determine the effects of grafting. When grafting doesn’t work, the recipient often dies or becomes badly disfigured.

Heal Wounds: The Fleshcrafter can stitch up wounds and prevent infection using alcohol or similar, healing 1-3 HP (roll 1D3). It takes 5 minutes (turns) to do a decent patch-up job (possibly leaving horrible scars in the process).

Interrogation: Fleshcrafter’s are skilled at extracting the truth from their victims. With a successful roll, the Fleshcrafter can receive an answer to a direct question provided that the victim knows the answer. With another successful roll, he can obtain another answer. He can keep doing this until he fails a roll. With a failed roll, the victim dies from the torture.

Poisons: Dendrelyssi Fleshcrafters have made the study of poisons and drugs and their effects on the body into a fine art as part of their tortures and experiments. This ability allows them to concoct a poison that has the effects they wish (with agreement of the GM). A failed roll has means it doesn't work as planned, not at all, or is obvious if they wished it to be subtle – other failed results at the GMs discretion.

Last edited by Simon W (6/11/2014 6:12 am)

6/11/2014 2:19 pm  #66

Fleshcrafter PDF here

6/13/2014 11:48 am  #67

So I went and ordered the print version from Lulu, along with Sabres & Witchery. I haven't really read the pdf, but since it's got an Elric vibe going (which is one of my all time favorite fantay series), and seeing the Fleshcrafter class here, I was sold.

6/14/2014 2:31 am  #68

urbwar wrote:

So I went and ordered the print version from Lulu, along with Sabres & Witchery. I haven't really read the pdf, but since it's got an Elric vibe going (which is one of my all time favorite fantay series), and seeing the Fleshcrafter class here, I was sold.

The pressure is on for you to enjoy them now!

6/14/2014 6:01 am  #69

Simon W wrote:

The pressure is on for you to enjoy them now!

If it's inspired by Elric, I'm sure I will enjoy it. I've enjoyed each of your games that I've bought in the past, so I don't see this being any different

6/15/2014 6:30 am  #70

Here's a Merchant NPC class:
http://beyondbeliefgames.webs.com/Merchant.pdf

Board footera