The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/13/2014 1:13 pm  #21

Re: Crimson Blades Sword & Sorcery RPG

What I need is a name for the world - "The Crimson Lands" is what I thought of...but if anyone has anything, share it here. If anyone has any other ideas for the world - other ruins or places - even the names on tha map aren't necessarily set in stone...

5/14/2014 1:16 pm  #22

I like "Crimson Lands".
It has just the right ring to it.
It implies a world of violence and cruelty, but it's subtle about it.
Just right for a Swords & Sorcery setting.

5/14/2014 10:09 pm  #23

Here's an updated map:

5/15/2014 7:56 am  #24

How about some sort of forbidden wastelands or mountains. Leave the description vague. Leave it up to the group or GM.

5/15/2014 8:05 am  #25

The Dendrelyssi once ruled the Crimson Lands through sorcerous power and the sheer might of their demon-enhanced fighting ships and dragon-riding warriors. However, their empire is no more and, as a force, they have been in slow decline for nearly five centuries.

The empire of The Crimson Lands was held together by Dendrelyssi sea power and for thousands of years it grew rich on tributes collected from many nations. However, whilst the Dendrelyssi bathed in their past glories, newer nations were rising far to the west.

These new nations gnawed at the edges of the Dendrelyssi Empire; slowly toppling their far-flung outposts and increasing their foothold into Dendrelyssi holdings. All the while, the Dendrelyssi coffers were no longer being replenished at the rate they were used to. Because the ingress was gradual and because the Dendrelyssi arrogantly assumed they were invincible, they were unaware of the danger until it was too late.

The Dendrelyssi fought back; fighting often and rarely losing but all the while being pushed back as they no longer had the numbers to retain their lands. Soon the invasion gained momentum and one-by-one, Dendrelyssi cities fell to the invaders as they swept across The Crimson Lands destroying everything in their path. Before long they were on the doorstep of the Isle of Dendrelyss itself.

The Dendrelyssi nobility was forced into action. They hastily mustered their aging fleet – just under two-hundred ships - which set sail from Necrolorn and met the invading fleet of over a thousand ships in the middle of the Crimson Sea.  There a mighty sea-battle was waged and, although yet again the Dendrelyssi were victorious utterly destroying every last one of the enemy ships, only forty-four Dendrelyssi warships managed to limp home to lick their wounds. The Dendrelyssi were no longer a threat to The Crimson Lands.

5/16/2014 6:49 am  #26

Decadent, sorcerous empire in decline, check.
Vigorous, aggressive younger nations in ascension, check.
Cataclysmic legendary battle bound to generate bitterness and hostility for generations, check.

I'm liking this more and more.
Just noticed Zamoneth and Nenuphar. Are these jungles/swamps? Excellent places to put vine covered temples to ancient forgotten gods...

5/16/2014 6:57 am  #27

Nice try, but what do you think about the engine - d20? Isn't it d&d alike? Why not BoL's mechanics?

Btw - map is really cool

Where can we find the world description?

Last edited by Mruf (5/16/2014 7:06 am)

Bow to Satan!!!

5/16/2014 8:19 am  #28

Liking the setting so far, nice! "Systemwise" it looks like it fixes a lot of the gripes many had with b/x d&d. That system broke down around level 9 or 10. Here, HP is kept low, thief abilities actually function at lower levels, and the combat mechanic looks to allow for more fluid combat. I have not had anytime to playtest it though so this is just my initial read through impression.

Coins, cleavage, and carnage...the three C's of Swords & Sorcery.

5/16/2014 8:25 am  #29

You're right, I saw that HP is much lower, but I would slow even more the progress of a character. The distance between 1st level and tenth is too wide - in the case of HPs and attack bonuses.
Better than d&d, worse than BoL ;)

Last edited by Mruf (5/16/2014 8:26 am)

Bow to Satan!!!

5/16/2014 8:29 am  #30

Mruf wrote:

Nice try, but what do you think about the engine - d20? Isn't it d&d alike? Why not BoL's mechanics?

Btw - map is really cool

Where can we find the world description?

No, it's not D20 - it's D6. No other dice types in sight.
It's not BoL because I wanted to see if I could make my Woodland Waruiors rules do something other than anthropomorphic animals. 
The map - my first ever effort using ms.paint. I'm quite pleased with it.
I'm writing up the world description now.

Board footera