The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/09/2015 11:22 am  #201

Re: Crimson Blades Sword & Sorcery RPG

CATenWolde wrote:

Hi! I'm a long-time player of BoL - since the early days of the free edition - and recently got back into things and discovered CB. It looks like a great streamlined approach to classic D&D style play, and I was just wondering what the future plans where for the system? Is the boxed set/four books approach still the idea? If so, how much will the system be changed or expanded?

Cheers,

Christopher

I'm still keen on the box set idea but we'll have to see. If not, I'll probably release the books on RPGnow/LULU just as they are...I've got some personal copies and they look pretty good. I've been running a semi-regular campaign for the last 6/8 months - the PCs are now 5th level...having lost one of their number along the way (a Mortyllan Sorcerer, replaced by a Ska Barbarian). They've had encounters with the Witches of Witch Isles, been sailing the seas in a demonboat, crossed the desert to long-lost Ebonis, (where the Dendrelyssi character Kashmir murdered a princess of the desert tribes whilst demon-possessed), fought elementals, monsters, demons, sorcerers, discovered the fabled Eye of Omcur and Claw of Croum (which the Dendrelyssi has had grafted onto his own body by a mad Fleshcrafter) and are now resting in Necrolorn, where they have uncovered a sinister plot against Kashmir's father to take over his titles and estates.

There are some major changes, such as armour now reducing damage rather than making it harder to hit, XP is gone - replaced by gaining levels after a certain number of completed adventures, there are new creatures, a new class (Witch) and a few other changes I can't remember right now. 

3/09/2015 8:36 pm  #202

I know the term witch is generally a feminine designator, but not always so. Is your witch class solely a female one?

3/09/2015 10:51 pm  #203

hoplitenomad wrote:

I know the term witch is generally a feminine designator, but not always so. Is your witch class solely a female one?

The text doesn't specifically say so . It is a NPC class though, to go with Merchants, Fleshcrafters and Redeemers.

3/13/2015 1:43 pm  #204

I hope we eventually get to see the expanded version. I think there is great potential there for Elric/Corum style play. The only thing that concerned me on my first reading was the combination of low health and non-existant healing - probably right for the genre, but then again the books were about great heroes, and the players are working their way up. Did you ever think of using a BoL approach, with some health regained after every fight and limited natural healing after that? Or - perhaps the changes to the armor system, using it for damage reduction, will play into that balance?

3/18/2015 12:06 pm  #205

Simon:

Is there any possibility od raising the main Attribute Score due to advancing? Skills and Saves are raising, what about the Attributes? Are they constant?

Last edited by Mruf (3/19/2015 8:55 am)

Bow to Satan!!!

5/04/2015 12:26 am  #206

A quick update on Crimson Blades 2 - The idea was to re-write parts of it, tighten up some rules, add a few monsters and adventures, include some stuff that was left out of the original and so on. A big difference is that armour now provides damage reduction rather than making it harder to hit. Another big difference is that XP is no longer counted - you level up by # of adventures the character has completed. There are other minor rule modifications too. Anyway, working wit...h Filigree Forge (who completed the successful BoL kickstarter), we were looking into doing a 4-book box set. The 4 books are done already. However, the box is the big stumbling block. We're still looking into the viability of this before launching a kickstarter. It may be that the box set isn't viable - in which case I'll turn it into a single book which will be available on LULU. But this will be a last resort as I really like box sets.

5/04/2015 1:20 am  #207

You got my axe! Box sounds great. Love boxes (got my one and only till now - TSR Conan box).

When?

Bow to Satan!!!

5/04/2015 1:33 pm  #208

Nox wrote:

A Thundarr like setting would be good if your looking for a post apocalyptic swords and sorcery setting. A rough mod was done a while back for the old school called "Under the Broken Moon".

I thought Lemuria WAS a "Thundarr like setting"...

5/04/2015 5:21 pm  #209

michaeltaylor wrote:

Nox wrote:

A Thundarr like setting would be good if your looking for a post apocalyptic swords and sorcery setting. A rough mod was done a while back for the old school called "Under the Broken Moon".

I thought Lemuria WAS a "Thundarr like setting"...

Wow...a quote from the 5th post on this thread. I thought I was going mad because, being an idiot, I started searching backwards instead of starting at the beginning of the thread

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

Board footera