The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/09/2014 1:59 pm  #51

Re: Barbarians of the Void

Torpedoes
Ok, just processing this. Hmm…if the torpedo hits in the next round (end of the round?) I probably want to wait till the next round to make the attack roll because I don't want to have to keep track of the attack roll.

1st round – stuff happens and torpedo is fired.

2nd round – torpedo arrives make attack roll (5+5=10) success! Pilot (assuming goes before torpedo, which is why I mention having it go at the end of the round) tries evasive maneuvers (rolls 2+3, mind of 2 and pilot of 2 = 9 a success!, ECM of 2 is applied to opponent’s roll (10-2 = 8 failure!). Pilot has evaded the torpedo and the enemy can’t fire again because they got doubles.

Something like that?

8/15/2014 8:01 am  #52

A character and starship in the palm of your hand.

Ok, now I'm just getting silly but I wanted to see if this would work. Suggestions for improvement or cries to stop welcome.

Caracter and Starship Sheet - Pocket Mod style: http://www.epicwords.com/attachments/15441

Last edited by jasales (8/15/2014 8:37 am)

8/15/2014 9:00 am  #53

I quite like this but I would suggest the following (I hope this makes sense)...

Move bottom left quadrant to top half, second from left (what is now Boons and Flaws); move top middle two quadrants right one quadrant (to make them the two top right quadrants) and move the top right quadrant to the bottom left.

Probably that doesn't make any sense; my idea being that you can have all your character info laid out in front of you and then just flip the sheet and have all the ship info and notes on the other side.

OK - I'm finished confusing everybody now 

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

8/15/2014 9:36 am  #54

Ah, I wasn't clear. This is a pocketmod: http://www.pocketmod.com/

When constructed as such you should have:
Cover: Name, Description, Lifeblood etc.
Page 2 and 3 facing each other: Stats and Boons/Flaws
Pages 4-5 facing each other for gear
Pages 6-7 starship stats and Boons/Flaws
Back Cover: Starchart

Folding instructions here: http://www.pocketmod.com/howto/

@The GIT! - I think I see where you are going with this. You would have 4 pannels on one half and 4 pannels reversed on the other. I'm not sure I can do that without alot of work. Let me think on that. I could probably do that if I put everything in text boxes and then reversed some of them...

Last edited by jasales (8/15/2014 9:46 am)

8/15/2014 10:53 am  #55

Yep - I realise it was a pocket mod but I was thinking more of just keeping it simple so that you can sit at the game table and just unfold it and flip it as needed. That said, the pocket mod is still cool 

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

8/15/2014 11:27 am  #56

Your idea would keep alot of the table area free!  I like it. I just run my 8 page doc through pocketmod and it does all the rotations etc. But, maybe I could do this with text boxes like I mentioned above. I'd have to start over. I still need to think more on this.

8/15/2014 11:47 am  #57

Well, the other option is to take the pocket mod pdf and convert it to an image and then, using a graphics tool, put it back together the way you want and then convert back to pdf. It may be a rather complicated solution but at least it would keep the formatting the same (which is very tidy BTW).

8/18/2014 6:57 am  #58

The GIT! wrote:

Well, the other option is to take the pocket mod pdf and convert it to an image and then, using a graphics tool, put it back together the way you want and then convert back to pdf. It may be a rather complicated solution but at least it would keep the formatting the same (which is very tidy BTW).

I hope we don't get introuble for hijacking this thread but here is another pdf of 8 pages.  If you choose to print it in multiple pages on one, if you pick 4x2 it comes out pretty close to the way you wanted.

http://www.epicwords.com/attachments/15450

I tried messing with it as an image but the initial image quality....I just couldn't get it good enough.

8/18/2014 9:05 am  #59

jasales wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

I hope we don't get introuble for hijacking this thread but here is another pdf of 8 pages.  If you choose to print it in multiple pages on one, if you pick 4x2 it comes out pretty close to the way you wanted.

http://www.epicwords.com/attachments/15450

I tried messing with it as an image but the initial image quality....I just couldn't get it good enough.

Thanks - I'll check it out. I hope we don't get in to trouble either; at least we're still discussing BoV with regards to the PDFs.

8/18/2014 12:27 pm  #60

Hey nerosfiddle, Barbarians of the Void is listed on the new BoL website - way to go dude 

Board footera