The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/22/2014 3:42 am  #181

Re: Barbarians of the Void

nerosfiddle wrote:

Hi moucho,
currently, the most recent version of BotV is found here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106432046/BOL%20Void%202.0.pdf
However, I am currently cleaning it up some more, making minor changes, correcting typos an so on.
Once that's done I'll be posting a link to the revised document in this thread. I don't yet have a time frame though.

As for which version of BoL is needed for use with BotV, well the truth is that I only ever used BoL: Legendary and have since moved onto BoL: Mythic (Draft Rules). Either of those can easily be used with BotV.
I never read through the original free version, so I can't speak on whether BotV would work with it.

Thanks a lot, neros!

11/25/2014 5:24 pm  #182

I had planned to create a sci-fi version of BoL when I am across BotV and saw most of the work had been done already - which is fantastic.

One questioning have is on scale.  I plan to use the starship rules to build mechs alongside ships.  I don't want to convolute the elegant simplicity of BoL/BotV but it makes sense that mechs and vehicles would be dangerous.    Are there any thoughts on scale, personnel vs. vehicles, mechs, ships and the like?

It could be set so people just can't harm vehicles with conventional weapons and PCs have to do something clever to take out their opponent. 

Or maybe it makes sense to set up a scale of personnel/small vehicle - medium vehicle - large vehicle where the damage differential goes up a factor of 10 with each step.

I checked BoL, BotV and BotA and didn't see anything.  Has anyone tackled this?

11/27/2014 1:17 am  #183

TickTockMan wrote:

I had planned to create a sci-fi version of BoL when I am across BotV and saw most of the work had been done already - which is fantastic.

One questioning have is on scale. I plan to use the starship rules to build mechs alongside ships. I don't want to convolute the elegant simplicity of BoL/BotV but it makes sense that mechs and vehicles would be dangerous. Are there any thoughts on scale, personnel vs. vehicles, mechs, ships and the like?

It could be set so people just can't harm vehicles with conventional weapons and PCs have to do something clever to take out their opponent.

Or maybe it makes sense to set up a scale of personnel/small vehicle - medium vehicle - large vehicle where the damage differential goes up a factor of 10 with each step.

I checked BoL, BotV and BotA and didn't see anything. Has anyone tackled this?

Mechs and vehicles is something I had planned on trying to tackle somewhere down the line but I'll confess to never having gotten around to it.
That being said, on page 9 of the thread jasales writes up some sample vehicles that I think are just great.
http://championsoflemuria.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=61&p=9
Check them out.

11/27/2014 8:42 am  #184

In other SF games that I have run, all of them adaptations of other genres (Tunnels and Trolls, Warrior, Rogue and Mage) I found in vehicle vs. character that simply multiplying the damage from the vehicle by 5 or 10 is sufficiently terrible to convey the deadlyness of a direct assault.
Edit to clarify, what I use is an existing example of a hand weapon and if it is on a vehicle intended to combat other vehicles the damage vs vehicle is 1:1 but when turned on unprotected victems it is multiplied byt 5 or 10 after rolling the damage dice.

Last edited by Feldrik (11/27/2014 8:53 am)

11/30/2014 5:18 am  #185

Dear all:

I have planned to use BoV for playing Star Trek. ¿Do you know if anyone else has tried it? Perhaps we could exchange ideas about it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

11/30/2014 5:26 am  #186

Here is a site that did a fun little Trek d20 hack. It could be mined for ideas for boons and flaws. The 'torn shirt' ability is particularlly apropriate.
http://www2.abillionmonkeys.com:3389/trek/

11/30/2014 10:18 am  #187

Here's BotV 2.0.1.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106432046/BOL%20Void%202.0.1.pdf
No drastic changes, just some cleaned up text, a few minor rewrites of boons and some added bookmarks and links to make the PDF easier to navigate.

I discussed the notion of swapping shields and armor with my friends and we agreed that while we can easily see the appeal of doing so, for the time being I'm going to leave the text as written because our particular gaming group doesn't really use shields (our scif fi tends to lean towards the Aliens/Firefly/2300 AD sort of stuff).

12/01/2014 6:41 am  #188

Ah this is very good to know nerosfiddle. I've been waiting on a major re-write of my own setting stuff for the shields/armor swap. If you have the document where you want it for now, could I get a copy of the word document to combine with my own house setting stuff?  And again, I thank you for all the awesome work you've done on this to date!

12/01/2014 9:19 am  #189

Of course.
The word document in its current form can be found here: 
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106432046/BOL%20Void%202.1.docx

I look forward to see what you do with it.
In the mean time, I'll continue to tweak my version and post links to the updated documents as I go.

12/01/2014 10:17 am  #190

aweSOME!

If you could mention what you tweak as you go along that would be helpful too!

Board footera