The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/04/2014 1:26 pm  #161

Re: Barbarians of the Void

Here is how I do it with Word2010Click "Save As" to show your document on the screen and open the Save As dialog.Select "PDF" from the Save as Type drop-down list.Click "Options" to open the Options dialog box.Check the "Create Bookmarks Using:" option under the "Include non-printing information" header.Choose  to create bookmarks Word bookmarks. Word bookmarks will use any bookmarks you defined in the document.

11/05/2014 5:01 am  #162

Thanks a bunch Jasales, it worked!
Below is a link to BotV 2.0.
It includes bookmarks, a summary page of the careers in the book and minor re-writes based on previous feedback. The major re-writes are still pending, including the armor/shields swap.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106432046/BOL%20Void%202.0.pdf

11/08/2014 4:44 pm  #163

Lookin' good nerosfiddle!  Very nice! (I finally got a chance to download the new version).

11/10/2014 10:07 am  #164

Just got back from a two-week vacation to visit family in Ol' Blighty so busy catching up on all stuff BoL. Love the way BotV is going - great job (as always) nerosfiddle.

Last edited by The GIT! (11/10/2014 10:07 am)

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

11/11/2014 10:21 am  #165

The GIT! wrote:

Just got back from a two-week vacation to visit family in Ol' Blighty so busy catching up on all stuff BoL. Love the way BotV is going - great job (as always) nerosfiddle.

Thank you! Hope you had a great trip.

11/19/2014 8:34 am  #166

@nerosfiddle, I did as you suggested and in my copy of BotV I just replaced shields with armor and armor with shields in the Starships section and it seems to work perfectly.

Through play I've learned to change the crew injury rule to only apply on mighty successes as it seems player character crews get chewed up pretty baddly due to all the scrapes they get in and they usually only have ships of size 0-3. They almost always take more damage than the size of their ship on a successful hit.

Last edited by jasales (11/19/2014 3:00 pm)

11/19/2014 3:11 pm  #167

What do you think of this?
In starship combat if you get a mighty success on an attack you can decide where half of the damage is applied after the first point goes to shields. If you get a legendary success you get to decide where all of the damage is applied after the first point goes to shields.

11/20/2014 11:47 am  #168

Oooh! I like it!
Fast and easy to apply. Very BoL.
I also really like your crew injury rule. I haven't had a chance to play test it yet but what you say makes a lot of sense.

I've also discovered that I have to rewrite the Cybernetic Boon: Wired Reflexes as currently, it's very awkward when using the BoL: Mythic Initiative rules. So instead of having a character with that boon simply go first, it will either add a bonus to the roll or, what I'm currently leaning towards, is that it increases the "success level" of the Initiative roll by one step. Thus, a calamitous failure becomes a failure, a failure becomes a success, a success becomes a mighty success and a mighty success becomes a legendary success.

11/20/2014 1:52 pm  #169

Wired Reflexes...hmm. Maybe I've been doing it wrong? We just roll Mind + Initiative and if there is a cyber ninja (wired reflexes) they get to go first, unless there are two then they roll to see which one of them (cyber ninjas) goes first. Then, once the fast boys are done playing everyone else goes in order.

Unless I'm totally not doing it right that has worked very smoothly for us.

Or the really easy fix you mentioned, treat it as a boon die would be totally BoL flavor.

Last edited by jasales (11/20/2014 1:54 pm)

11/20/2014 2:00 pm  #170

I've also been messing with missiles and spinal mounts. I simply crossed out the line about not allowing shield/armor checks. They still hit soo very very hard. I dunno. It is working.

I've not playtested this but having something like Missiles (3) where the missles get to attack for 3 rounds might be interesting, simply put a six sider on the table next to the target ship showing how many attacks it (the missile) has left. Allow it to be shot down or out run. Could be exciting.

Last edited by jasales (11/20/2014 2:06 pm)

Board footera